Chapter 22

We were at...Some sort of ASPCA?

"Morty, why are we here? I can't have a dog, especially around Litten!"

"I know! Th-that's why I am keeping it at my house! We did a lot of work for it! I th-thought you might need a present for taking me to VidCon. For free."

"Well that was very sweet of you! Let's look at the dogs!" I hugged him and we started to walk in the back, where the dogs are.

I looked at the different breeds, mainly mix-breeds. There were a couple German Shepherds, some beagle mixes, some chihuahua mixes...I mean, I have nothing against them, but they didn't seem fitting.

We came across a Dalmatian-Pittbull (Pitbull? IDEK) mix. It wasn't barking like the other dogs, it was sitting there, wagging its tail.

"Look at this one, Mort!"

Morty came over and read the papers on it.

"Splat, the male Dalmatian-Pittbull. He likes to go on walks and p-play fetch, your usual dog type. Except, he acts d-different when he sees somebody he doesn't trust, or like. He'll bare his teeth and g-growl at the person. Other th-than that, he is very lovable. He is two years old in human years."

"Do you think we can adopt this guy, Morty? I mean, we can re-name him and everything!"

"Y-yeah! Let's talk to the employees."

We walked up to the lady at the desk, and told her that we liked Splat. She handed Morty paperwork, but all it needed was to be signed. Morty also paid her $250 as an adoption fee. Next thing we knew, Morty had a blue leash attached to our new doggo.

We walked into a portal that lead to Morty's house. We let Splat outside, along with a food and water dish, and some toys.

We sat on the couch and thought.

"What about...Link? Or Loki?"

"How about L-Laser? Or Wander?"

"Ooh! What about Bowser?"

"Or Lemmy?"

"WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT?!" I practically screamed.

"It's tough. We should see what he is like, maybe then a n-name will pop up!"

"We should name him after something cool! Like a video game character!"

"Yeah! We already named three!" Morty replied with a laugh.

"Okay, so there's Yoshi, Diddy, Toad..."

"There's also Springy, Freddy, Shadow?"

"Hmm...Morty, I know just who to contact!"

"W-who?"

"A little friend of mine named Litten!"

"How're you supposed t-to contact?"

"Open a portal, real quick!"

Morty did so as I walked through. Litten was right next to me as I sat down with her.

-Mind-

Hey, if you had a boy doggo, what would you name him? Togo. How did you- never mind. Thanks, girl! I have to go!

-End of Mind-

I walked back through and told Morty.

"T-Togo it is!!!" He replied.

After that, we went outside and played with Togo. He was a sweet dog, and I still couldn't believe that Morty would do that. I knew he was saving up for a new phone, but that was all of his money. I felt bad, but he didn't seem to be upset about it.

After playing with Togo for a bit, we decided to ask Rick something.

Morty knocked on the garage door. Rick answered and said "What do you want?".

Morty replied with "We were w-wondering if you could make a translator for Togo. So could you?"

"Why should I?"

I chimed in. "Because...You like us?"

"Pathetic. Really pathetic."

"Come on Rick! We do stuff for you all the tiiiimeee!!!" I whined.

"Fine, if it'll get you to st-AUOO-p your whining."

I mentally screamed "Finally!".

After Rick was done tinkering, he handed us a collar that looked exactly like Litten's.

"There. Now you tw-OOOO-o can play with your dog and leave me alone!"

Rick then shut the door. I had an idea that would annoy him even more. I knocked on the door as loud as I could and screamed "MY FRIES COULD USE YOUR SALT!!!".

I heard Rick grunt and he yelled back "Nobody asked for your opinion!".

Morty and I were snickering as we walked outside where Togo was. Morty put the collar on him, and Togo started to speak.

"Humans don't understand what Togo wants. Humans need to know what Togo wants."

"T-Togo, what do you want?"

"To be in the wild, free from humans that hurt Togo, emotionally and physically."

"Togo, the ASPCA and us...W-we saved you from all of that..."

"Togo understand. But, Togo wants to go indoors."

"Okay. You just need to say the word, b-boy."

We let Togo inside, and we sat on the couch.
We flicked through the interdimensional cable, mainly watching alien commercials.

"So wait...Ants-In-My-Eyes Johnson REALLY has ants crawling on his eyes?!"

"I guess, I'm wondering why they d-don't crawl out!"

Morty flailed his arms up, probably raging with questions. Then, a cereal commercial came up.

"I am the Eyhole...Man...I'm the only one that's allowed to have Eyholes!" This blue dude was beating the heck out of two people, just because they had...Eyeholes.

"Rick told me about this one. He said that the Eyehole Man will beat the h-heck out of you if he catches you with Eyeholes. B-but, he said that they're worth the risk! They apparently melt in your m-mouth!!!"

"Do you guys happen to have a box?"

"Don't do anything stupid!"

"So you do?!"

"Yeah, b-"

I ran out into the kitchen, Morty following. I scrounged through the cupboards until I found it. I took it out of the cupboard and reached my hand inside.

Then, the window crashed and there he was. The Eyehole Man started beating me, and I tried to fight him off. I then shot a laser at him, causing him to go back to where he came from.

"Woah! Now we can eat the Eyeholes!!" Morty exclaimed.

"Yeah...I can't...wait!" I said, catching my breath.

The rest of the day was full of Eyeholes, which were surprisingly good, and TV. I wish I had interdimensional cable!

(A/N)

This is super late. I'm so sorry! I've been really busy lately and haven't had a chance to relax!!!

Hopefully a new chapter will be out sooner than this one, but until then, this is all I have.

With a snack that smiles back,

-Hannah⚜️