Chapter 15

(WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR SEASON THREE OF RICK AND MORTY. IF YOU WILL GET TRIGGERED ABOUT THIS, I SUGGEST YOU EITHER WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER, SKIM THROUGH SO YOU CAN READ, OR WATCH IT. IF YOU HAVE SEEN SEASON THREE,  THEN YOU ARE GOOD TO GO PAL.)

Morty and I were getting to know each other better. It seemed weird because we both were wearing the same outfit.

"So, how old are you?" Morty asked.

"Well I'm twelve, ALMOST thirteen."

(A/N: When the book reaches a year old, Hannah will be thirteen.)

"Oh. I'm f-fourteen."

"Well, how's school for you? Even though it's summer."

"My grades are pretty bad, because Rick always pulls me out of s-school to go on stupid adventures."

"Oh. Well, this year, Nate is enrolling me in a school! Same with my two other friends!"

"W-who are they?"

"Their names are Courtney and Jillian. We all got adopted by people we already knew about, which is pretty weird."

"Things have been getting weird in my family. M-my parents just got a divorce, so we had to go to a therapist. My mom and grandpa acted so immature w-when we went there. Me and my sister took the advice the therapist gave us."

"I see. That must be heartbreaking."

"So, I don't want to be some stupid n-nosy person, but what happened before you got adopted?"

"It goes pretty far back. Um...Oh! My parents started to stop taking care of me when I was about three. They quit feeding and washing me. One day, they just gave up. They put me in this terrible orphanage."

"Oh. That's worse then what I have going on."

"Yeah, but I was too young to understand. And that was also in the past, so I'd say that we're even."

"I guess you're right."

Morty and I were interrupted by Rick bursting through my door. He opened a portal.

"Guys, you need to come with me! We are go-OOO-ing on an advent-UUU-re."

"Rick, where does it take place?" I questioned.

"BLIPS AND CHIIIIITZ!!!"

"No! I'm n-not going back there!" Morty objected.

"Fine, I thought you'd want to go. No, we're actually not. And I'm actually not Rick."

"Rick" took his wig off and stopped doing the impression. Nate. Classic Nate.

"We're ACTUALLY going to go save Rick. He turned himself into a pickle and he rolled into a sewer grate."

"Oh n-no! He has already done this before, Nate!!!"

"Yeah, well if you want him, we're going to have to save him. So who's going with me?! Oh, Hannah, I'm your legal parent, so I'm forcing you to go."

"Crap!"

"Y'know? I will g-go. But now that you said it, I'd r-rather go to Blips and Chitz..."