"What the hell are you two talking about? You know what? I don't even care at this point. Whatever problems you two have I want no part of." I wanted them to know that this was childish.

"Fuck you Aidan." Luke yelled.

"Oh so the pretty boy wants to shit talk again? You've already lost dude. Go home. You weren't invited in the first place." Aidan was just egging it on.

"Alright enough. I'm leaving. Neither of you talk to me until I'm ready. I'm serious." And with that I left the club. I was half way down the block before I heard someone call out my name. I wouldn't have turned around but I realized it was a girls voice so I stopped and turned around.

Great. It's Jade.

"What could you possibly want, Jade?" I said in a snarky tone.

"That was a cute little scene in there. You're really good at acting like you don't care." She started twirling her hair and that didn't help my mood at all.

"Excuse me?"

"You know, I can't wait." She said squinting her cat like eyes.

"Can't wait for what?" I asked.

"Can't wait for them to realize you aren't worth the fight and you're just another slut walking through this school. It's a shame really that they've already wasted this much time on you. I honestly didn't expect Aidan to get in on this too.. kinda funny actually. Whatever though.. Luke will come crawling back to me soon enough. We are in college after all.. everything changes." She smiled.

My face was as neutral as it was before and I just stood there for a couple seconds taking in what she just said to me. I slowly felt the heat rise to my cheeks and my hearing

Next thing I knew.. my hand was on her cheek. It was the hardest I could've possibly hit her at that moment and I don't even remember raising my hand. She immediately grabbed her face with her hands and started crying. I felt a pair of hands pull me away and throw me over some broad shoulders.

"Cheyenne, I'm beginning to think you need me as a constant bodyguard." I matched the voice to a face and I figured out it was Dylan carrying me. Surprisingly enough, it calmed me.

After we got to his car he sat me down and Brooke ran around to come hug me.

"Oh my god. Is everything okay? I saw you slap Jade. That was awesome." She squeezed me really tight before letting go and holding my hands.

"Yeah I'm good, Brooke. How'd you guys know I was here and how'd you know to come get me." I looked around to see the group minus Luke and Brett.

"Well Dylan told us about your run in with Aidan and Luke was pissed. We all told him to leave it alone and he did until all these people sent Snapchats of you and Aidan here. Luke immediately yelled some colorful words and drove away. The boys got a few of the snaps too. Brett went in to go grab Luke before he made some regrettable decisions and Dylan went to find you." She explained.

"Yeah Jades lucky I showed up when I did. The ass whooping of the century was about to go down outside." Dylan said rubbing my back.

"Thanks Dylan, I don't know how I continue to get sucked into all these messes. It shouldn't be your responsibility to clean them up. You don't always have to be my knight in shining armor." I told him looking into his eyes and snaking my arms around him. It's not that I felt unsafe around Luke because well.. that's when I felt the safest normally. But seeing him like that tonight shook me up and being in Dylan's arms was the comfort I needed right now.

"That's our thing, Chey. I'll always be looking out for you. It gives me a little more purpose."

I didn't even know how to respond to that.. so I just hugged him.