Telling Embry

"You should talk to Embry, he'll want to know," Jake says when we finish our patrols. I nod, and pull my phone out as Jake goes inside.

Embry picks up on the third ring.

"Hey," he says when he picks up.

"Hey, can we talk?" I ask.

"Sure, meet me at First Beach in like, say fifteen?" he asks.

"Sure," I say before we hang up.

I decide to head over early. I run in my wolf form all the way there, and phase back. I sit on a piece of washed up driftwood, and watch the ocean, and think about how I'll tell him.

I hear footsteps, and I look back to see Embry walking toward me with a smile on his face.

I run into his out stretched arms and hug him.

"I've missed you," he mumbles into my hair.

"It's been what? A week?" I ask.

"I sill miss you! Even when I see you," he says and I laugh a little.

"I have to tell you something though," I say awkwardly.

"What? You hurt Seth while wrestling?"

"No."

"Bit Mr. Sparkly Pants?"

"Mr. Sparkly Pants?"

"I can never remember his name!"

"No, I didn't bite him."

"Knock down another tree? Please tell me you didn't knock down another tree!" He rambles.

"No, now will you shut up?" I ask, and he responds with silence, "How do I put this? Uh, I'm just uh... little... pregnant?"

He freezes, making no movement at all.

"Say something?" I ask, getting no response, "Embry, please. Say something."

It feels like a lifetime passes before he flashes his signature grin, picks me up and spins me around before kissing me.

"Wait. You're not mad?!" I ask.

"Why would I be mad?! I have a beautiful fiancé and I'm going to be a dad?! This is amazing!" He says excitedly before running around like a little kid.

He can be so childish sometimes! I swear!

"What am I going to do with you?" I ask when he comes back.

"Marry me," he says.

"What if I don't want to?" I ask as I sit down in the rocks, leaning up against the driftwood I was sitting on.

"Too bad, you already said yes," he says.

"I could always give this back," I joke, flashing the ring as I don't let him know I'm only kidding.

"You wouldn't," he says. I take the ring off and put it in his hand. A shocked expression floods his face, and tears brim his eyes.

"I'm only kidding! Don't cry!" I exclaim.

"I knew you were the whole time," he says before putting the ring back on my finger.

"Sure you did, I had you on a hook the whole time!" I say.

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Nuh uhh!!"

"Yeah huh!!"

"No way!"

"Nope."

"Yes! Shit!!"

I laugh and say, "You even admited it!"

"Oh shut up," He says. My phone goes off in my back pocket, and I grab it to check it.

Jake- Hey, you can stay with Embry for a while. We got it, no need to come back any time in the next few hours.

Me- Thanks Jake!

"Jake?" Embry asks.

"Yeah, he says I don't have to be back any time soon," I say.

He smiles and says, "I have an idea."

"Oh no, lord help me!" I say, "What now?"

"What do you say to some ice cream, then starting plans for the wedding?" He asks.

"That sounds like a really good idea!" I say.

*A few hours later*

"Pink, purple or blue? I personally like the blue," I say showing him pictures on his laptop as we lay on his bed.

"I like them all, but I really like the blue," he says, going back to the guest list.

"Who all do you have on the list?" I ask. He reads off the entire list.

"Okay, we agreed to keep it semi-small, and limited vamps. But the Cullen's would probably be upset if we didn't invite them," he says.

"I never said we couldn't invite them," I say, "I said family and friends first, than other people."

"Alright. There's like a hundred people on here already," he says, "We really need help. We're not going to get all of this done by ourselves."

"Want me to call Alice?" I ask, "I will make sure she knows what we've already done."

"Sure," he rolls over and looks at stuff on his laptop.

I dial Alice's number, and she almost instantly picks up.

"Hey Shelby. Congrats," she says.

"Hey Alice, forgot you could see almost everything. Thanks," I say.

"Need help with planning?" She asks.

"Yes please," I say.

"Let's meet somewhere mutual, Charlie's house?" She asks.

"Sure, I still haven't told Charlie though," I say.

"That's okay, he'll be just as happy as everyone else!" She says.

"See you at Charlie's in like twenty?" I ask.

"Yeah, see you there!" She says before hanging up.

"I guess we're going to Charlie's," I say.

"When?" He asks.

"Uhh, twenty minutes," I say.

"Does he even know we're coming?" He asks.

"No, but I'm sure Alice will call him," I say, "Now get your lazy butt up and let's get going."

He groans before jumping up and throwing me over his shoulder and carrying me out the door to the car.