Phone Calls

I wake up to my phone buzzing nonstop.

"Hello?" I answer it with my amazing morning voice.

"Shelby Swan?" a mans voice sounds on the other end.

"This is she," I reply.

"This is detective Bradley. I have news on who your biological father is," the man says.

"Detective? As in private investigator?" I ask.

"Yes," he answers.

"I already know who my father is," I say.

"You do?" he asks.

"Yes, I do. I've been visiting him since I was little, I just never knew who he was, until a few days ago," I say.

"Who do you think it is?" he asks.

"Billy Black, from La Push, Washington," I say.

"And how did you find that out?" he asks.

"Well I live in Forks with my uncle Charlie, and most of my friends live in La Push, and he confronted me, telling me that I'm his daughter," I say.

"Well, I am happy to inform you, that you can move out of your uncle's house, and move into your fathers house. It is completely your choice though," he says.

"Really? I thought I would've needed to take it too a lawyer," I say siting straight up in bed.

"Well, it was my job to do just that," he says.

"Who employed you?" I ask.

"Your mother, the day before she died," he says, "She knew she would die, and she wanted me to look after you, and find information that you would need."

"She died in a car crash," I say, "How could she have known that she was going to die?"

"Everyone was told that she died in a crash, but she really died from drunk driving. So she did die in a car crash, but it was her driving. She drovehead on into an 18-wheeler. She died on impact," he says.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask.

"Because you need to know," he says.

"I-I have to go," I say before ending the call. I layback down, and breathe.

"Holy shit," I mumble to no one in particular. I quickly get up, and take a shower. I put on a pair of jean shorts and a random shirt. I grab my grey Vans and put them on. I go down the stairs and tell Charlie to meet me at Billy's. I jump in my truck, and speed of toward La Push.