Large Dogs and Babies

When we get to Charlies, Jake turns his bike off. I hop off, and he puts the kickstand down, and we head toward the backyard.

"Hey. You heard anything?" he asks when he sees us. He was in the middle of chopping wood.

"Charlie, Bella is... uh..." Jake starts.

"No, she's not," he says.

"No, no, no, she's fine. She's back home and she's feeling better,"I say from behind Jake.

"Why didn't you say so? That's great," he says. He slaps Jakes shoulder as he walks past him. He's probably going to see Bella.

"Wait. There's something you need to see first," Jake says.

"I need to see Bella," he says.

"Charlie, just trust us. You need to know this," I say. We came up with this plan on the way here.

"Look, in order for Bella to get better, she had to... change," Jake says.

"What do you mean, 'change'?" Charlie asks.

"Here goes nothing," Jake mumbles so that only I can hear. He starts taking his clothes off, and he starts with his jacket.

"What the hell are you doing?" Charlie asks.

"You don't live in the world you think you do," I say as Jake pulls his shirt off.

"Jacob, put your clothes on," he says.

"Now this may seem strange," Jake says as he kicks his boots off,

"Really strange," I mumble.

"But, stranger things happen everyday. Trust me," he says as he unbuttons his pant. Charlie quickly moves and puts a hand over my eyes.

"I'm fine Charlie,: I say. I push his hand away, right as Jake phases,

"Holy shit!" Charlie jumps away, and falls.

"Jake, you could've at least told him!" I say. I walk up to him and scratch him behind the ears.

"What the hell?!" Charlie says.

"There is such a thing as werewolves. We aren't-" I start.

"What do you mean 'we'?" Charlie asks, "Are you a dog too?"

"Not dog, wolf," I correct him. Jake had phased back, and was putting his clothes back on.

"H-how is this possible?!" he asks.

"There's a bonfire next week, come, you'll know everything then," I say.

"We should get back," Jake says.

I give Charlie a hug, and say, "You should come over."

"I can follow you guys," he says. I nod, and we all head back up.

Jake and I hop on his bike, and Charlie says, "You are not riding that! At least not without a helmet!"

"If I fall off, I'll heal faster than any human. I'll be fine, you trust Jake, right?" I ask. He nods. "Then trust that I won't get hurt." With that, Jake speeds back to the Cullen's.

When we get there, we go straight in, and Jake tells Edward and Bella what we did.

"Look, I solved a problem," Jake says.

"You were leaving, what did you expect us to do?" I ask.

"You don't realize the danger you've put him in. The Voltouri will kill anyone who knows about us," Bella says.