Awakening

"You're still here," Bella says when Jake and I go outside to see her.

"So are you," Jake say with a smirk.

"I didn't expect you to seem so... you," I say, "Except for the creepy eyes."

"I would keep my distance, for now," she says as Jake and I get closer.

"It's safer for the baby to see how you do with us first," Jake says.

"Since when so you care about Renesmee?" Bella asks.

"Alright, take a whiff," I say. We take a step closer.

She takes a few steps toward us, and smells, then says, "Well I can see what everyone's been talking about. You really do stink." Jake, Edward, and I laugh a bit.

"You guys, really look great together," Jake says.

"Wanna come meet our daughter?" Edward asks her. Jake and I run back inside.

When Bella and Edward come inside, Rose hands Renesmee to her. Ness touches her face, showing Bella her gift.

"What was that?" Bella asks when Ness takes her hand away.

"She showed you her first memory she has of you," Edward says.

"Showed me? How?" she asks.

"How do I hear thoughts? How does Alice see the future? She's gifted," Edward says.

"I've only been out for two days?" Bella asks.

"Her growth rate is imprecidented," Carlisle says.

"Alright. That's enough experimenting for one day," Jake says, making a move to take Ness from Bellas arms.

This isn't going to end well...

"Jacob," Edward says, "She's doing great."

"Yeah, let's not push it though," Jake says.

"What's your problem?" Bella asks.

"Oh. Do tell her, Jacob," Rose says.

"This should be good," Emmett says.

"This isn't going to end well..," I mumble.

"Hold on a second," Edward says as he takes Ness from Bella.

"Look, it's a wolf thing," Jake starts.

"What's a wolf thing?" Bella asks.

"Um... You know we have no control over it. We can't choose who it happens with. And it doesn't mean what you think, Bella. I promise," Jake says.

"Take Renesmee out of the room," Bella says.

"Oh," Jake mumbles.

Edward puts a hand on Bella's shoulder, and she says, "Edward, don't touch me right now. I don't want to hurt you."

"Oh," Jake's face falls. I move away, as Bella grabs the back of his neck, and literally almost drags him outside.

"You imprinted on my daughter?" Bella yells.

"It wasn't my choice!" Jake says.

"She's a baby!" she yells. I walk down the steps, just in case.

"It's not like that! You think Edward would let me live if it was?" Jake asks.

"I'm still debating it," Edward mumbles.

"I've held her once! One time, Jacob! And already you think that you have some moronic wolfy claim on her? She's mine!" Bella says as she knocks him back yard or two. Leah and Seth come running up in their wolf forms.

"It's fine, Leah," Jake says when he gets up.

"You're gunna stay away from her," Bella says as she gets up in his face again.

"You know I can't do that," Jake says. Bella knocks him back another five yards. Leah and Seth both growl.

"Stop her Edward," Esme says.

"He said it's fine," he replies, "She's amazing right?"

I run up to where Leah and Seth are standing next Jake in a protective way, and growling at Bella.

"Do you remember how much you wanted to be around me three days ago? That's gone now, right?" Jake asks.

"Long gone!" Bella says.

"Because it was her. From the beginning it was Nessie who wanted me there," Jake says.

"Nessie? You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness Monster?" she yells. She makes a move to hit Jake again, but Seth jumps in front of her. She throws him into a nearby tree. Leah, Jake and I run over to him.

"Seth, are you okay?" I ask as I help him up.

"Seth, I'm sorry," Bella says.

"He'll be alright," I say.

"Bella, you know me better than anyone. Other than Shelby. All I want is for Ness... Renesmee to be safe. Happy. Look, nothing ever made sense before. You. Me. Any of it. And now I understand why. This was the reason," Jake says. Bella sighs, and we all go inside.