Shelbonater Is Back

I groan when my alarm clock goes off. I slam a hand down on the snooze button, and get up. I grab a pair of straight leg jeans and a fitted v-neck shirt with a dream catcher on it, and go to take a shower.

I blow dry my hair and let it down in it's natural beach waves, and put on mascara and eyeliner. I grab my phone, and the sweatshirt that Jake gave me before he left last night, because I was shivering, and head downstairs.

"Morning Shelly," Charlie says before he takes a bite of toast an does back to reading the paper, "Did you notice the truck in the driveway?"

"The 1963 Chevy pickup? Yeah, I thought it was Bella's," I say.

"Not that one, the other one," Charlie says.

"The 1967?" I ask.

"Yup," he says as he throws a set of keys at me, "and it's yours."

"Really?!" I ask. He nods. "Thank you!!"

"Go ahead and take it out, I'll see you when I get off work," he says. I give him a quick hug, and run outside. Charlie gets into his police cruiser, and goes to work. I shoot Bella a text saying that I was headed to the reservation. I text Jake, and he tells me to meet him at Sam Uley's house. I haven't been there in a while!

I drive to Sam's, and Jake is waiting outside for me. I give him a hug, and we head inside.

"Guess who's here!" Jake says when he opens the door. I hear a bunch of noise, and quite a few voices yelling. I laugh, and so does Jake.

"Jake, who'd yo-" my old friend, Embry Call starts, until we make eye contact. Jake whacks him upside the head and says something to him.

Jake looks at his phone and says, "I gotta go, I'll see you a couple of hours. Will you be okay here?"

"I'll be fine Jake, go, do whatever," I say. I attempt at pushing him out the door.

"Okay! Okay! I'm going!" he says before he leaves, "We're going to a party tonight though!"

"Whatever!" I say.

"You two haven seen each other in at least ten years, but you act like you were never gone!" I hear Emily say.

"Em! Hey!" I say. I give her a hug.

I hear Quil say, "Embry! Don't be a pansy! Tell her about imprinting!"

"She doesn't even know that the histories are real!" I hear Embry say.

"Quil and Embry are still idiots I see," I say.

"Heard that!" they both say.

"You were meant to!" I say.

"I heard that my best friend is back, what did you idiots do to her?" I hear Leah say.

"Correction, what did Emily do to her!" Jared says.

"Lee!" I yell, and walk out of the kitchen.

"Shell!" she squeals and makes her way over to me, and squishes me in a hug

"The two peas in a pod are back!" Seth says from behind us.

"Sethilisious," I say and give him a huh.

"Shelbonater," he mumbles into my hair. When we pull apart, I give everyone a hug.

****A few hours later****

"So what'd you do today?" Jake asks when we meet up at first beach.

"Hung out with Leah and Seth, then Paul and Jared, then Quil and Embry," I say, "Surprisingly enough, Paul isn't as bad as I thought he would be!"

"Fun, you ready to be a party crasher?" he asks.

"Umm, not really," I say.

"Technically you're a council meeting crasher," he says, "See? The council leaders, dad, Quil's grandpa, and Sue Clearwater. She took over when Harry died." He had told me that Harry Clearwater had died.

I stop, turn to him, and say, "Okay, I should not be here."

"You're okay, I thought," he corrects himself, "they thought it would be good for you to hear the histories."

"Histories? The tribes histories? Aren't they like secret or something?" I ask.

"We all got a role to play, and you're part of this," he says, "I mean it's the first time Seth, Leah, and Quil will hear them too. But you are the first outsider, other than Bella, ever, but you two are family."

"Jake, your dad's about to start," Seth says.

"Sit by Embry, he'll be disappointed if you don't," Jake whispers to me. I give him a questioning look before he jogs off and grabs a few burgers.

"Whatever! Didn't want to sit by you anyway!" I say before plopping down next to Embry.

"You love me though," Jake says with a mouth full of food.

"Gross Jake! Chew, swallow, then speak! Not speak, chew, swallow!" I say. He tosses a pickle at me and it lands in my lap. I toss into the fire. I lean down, and grab a small rounded pebble, and throw it at him. It hits him square in between the eyes.

"Still have your great aim I see!" Billy says. I smile.

"He deserves it sometimes Billy!" Emily says.

Billy chuckles an says, "That's for sure!"

"Dad! You're suppose to be on my side!" Jake groans.

"She's like my third daughter," Billy says. I give him a quick hug.

"You'd still be the baby if the family if I was your sister Jake," I say. He throws another pickle. I catch it, and throw it right back at him. He catches it in his mouth and eats it. "Gross." I hate pickles, that's why he's throwing them at me.

"Let's stop and listen," Sue says.

(I'm too lazy to write all the histories)

"What'd ya think?" Jake asks after his dad finishes.

"Pretty cool," I say.

"We'll Embry and I have something to tell you," he says, "Embry!"

He jogs over and asks, "What now Jake?"

"We're gunna tell her," Jake says. A look of understanding washes over his face. Jake slings me over his shoulder, and they take off toward the woods.