Chapter Twenty Two

Frank and Gerard had been dating for another month, that's making four in total. It was a bit exhausting for Frank, this whole living in a different house thing, he was always running around from school to Gerard, to back at his parents' house, then back again at Gerard's.

Not to mention that they didn't know which clothes were whose anymore, Frank would come in wearing an outfit but it'd get ruined thanks to specific activities and he'd go out wearing another thing of Gerard's. And Gerard would stumble upon one of Frank's shirts while doing laundry, they stopped keeping track.

But it was all worth seeing Gerard's face lit up whenever he walked through the door.

It was especially hard sneaking out on Christmas with his parents around all the time, and he felt really guilty cause he wasn't spending time with them at all lately, but he still managed to get away. Even if Gerard's father was practically a demon, he still got him into the Christmas spirit.

Gerard had decorated the whole interior of the house with Christmas lights, DIY snowflakes, a few reindeer statues, and a huge festive Christmas tree. He considered it as a big 'fuck you' to his father.

Frank had got him a white fluffy doormat with fake blood stains (or so Gerard hoped) with the words 'Keep out' with a scary looking font. Gerard found it funny but he smacked Frank anyways cause his gifts were always sarcastic and had a twisted sense of humor. Frank received from him a handmade Christmas sweater that he would not take off however ridiculous he looked walking around with it.

It started snowing that day and Gerard got so excited he almost banged his head against the door frame as he ran out to the back yard to get a closer look, it was his first time up in the mundane world to see snow. Frank remembered laughing so hard as Gerard's foot got caught up in the water hose and he fell face-first in the snow.

His nose was freezing off and Frank had to drag him inside and warm him up all while laughing his ass off at him, it was a hard job and Frank sucked at multitasking.

Somewhere after Christmas and before New Year's Eve they actually did go through with Gerard's idea to invite Ray and his new girlfriend over. They made up a story on how Gerard had just moved to New Jersey and had purchased this house specifically for its reputation, he was a fan of all metaphysical things.

"But you really managed to get this place look so nice and domestic in such short notice." She admired the place in awe.

"It really helps having rich parents. They helped a lot." Frank put in quickly, they hadn't discussed how to explain all the fancy shit Gerard had included in the décor.

"Really? They must be really nice people, then." She replied.

"Oh hell yeah, they are." Gerard tried not to burst out laughing or crying.

It was a really nice day, the only time Gerard felt they could actually pull this off and try to be a normal couple. The evening drew to an end sooner than expected, Gerard had insisted they stayed for longer but their curfew was almost up.

"Goodbye guys. It was a pleasure meeting you, Christa." Gerard chirped happily as he held out her coat, helping her put it on.

"Aw, thank you. You're so sweet, the pleasure's all mine." She smiled sweetly at him.

"Alright, see you later at school, Frankie." Ray hugged them individually goodbye and they went on their way.

"Well, I can finally scratch that off my bucket list now." Gerard sighed happily and grinned at Frank, who in return laughed and kissed him, equally happy. He was scared shitless that Gerard might accidentally teleport to the kitchen to bring dessert or to summon an extra spoon or something in front of her.