Chapter twenty seven

Anastasia

3 years later

They say college was suppose to be the best days of your life.. hell no.

All it is, is countless nights of no sleep, studying on top of studying,TV dinners and take out every single night, exams and tests up to your neck, and horny experimenting college kids.

I got accepted into NYU and I couldn't be happier. I was currently doing the nursing program and I loved it.

I still kept in contact with everyone, Chris more than anybody. My first year out here, I was having a really really rough time and went through a traumatic experience and I only trusted him to be there for me. 

The only time I've seen him was at my graduation. I was hurt for so long and kept asking myself what I did wrong but, I just accepted it.

He didn't love me anymore.

I did keep in contact with his family but not often as I should and I felt bad for that. It was all sort of much for me at the time.

Over the years, I learned to speak up for myself. I wasn't the shy quiet girl anymore. I didn't let people talk to me however they wanted to, or walk all over me.

I was different, and it was for the better.

It was my last day on campus and my dorm room was all packed up ready to go but I wasn't going back to New Orleans. There was no way.

My roommate Katie already went home a few days ago. She was the first person here that was really nice and looked out for me.

I didn't talked to anyone else on campus but her. Even though people tried I wouldn't. I wasn't here for friends.

The fugees X killing me softly was playing on my speakers as I laid out on the floor like a starfish.

Somebody started pounding on my door like they didn't have no sense. I stayed on the floor making no attempt to get up.

"Go away." I yelled out making whoever knock even harder.

I groaned and got up to answer the door.

"Damn. Fuck took you so long?" Chris tooted his nose up, letting himself in.

I rolled my eyes but smiled and hugged his goofy self. I was glad to see my bestie, the last time I seen him was last year at thanksgiving.

I shut the door and turned around to see him in my mini fridge.

I rolled my eyes, never fails. I went over and sat on my bed next to him as he was all up in my bowl of fruit.

"How have you been? Last time I heard you was painting for some big people?" I questioned while raised my brow.

Chris has always been painting or doodling something. He was really really good. I even had him paint my wall with different designs in my dorm when I first got here.

Last year, someone discovered his work on social media and asked him to do a piece for him an ever since then, everyone has been contacting him for work.

He shrugged while eating a piece of pineapple. "I been straight. And I'm still painting, shit kinda slow but it's going good. How are you? And don't lie." He pointed his finger at me.

I grabbed a strawberry out the bowl and popped it in my mouth before speaking.

"Some days I just wanna throw shit and scream. But, I don't. I count to ten and think about all the amazing choices I've made in my life." I stated exactly what my therapist told me to do a few years back with an eye roll.

Chris nodded, looking at me. "You getting better, I can tell. Why the hell you ain't in that car though?" I screwed my face up, confused at what he meant.

"What you talking about Willis?"

He laughed while shaking his head, getting up from the bed and throwing the empty bowl away.

"Yo ass coming home my nigga." He stated seriously while I shook my head no. Hell no.

"I'm not going anywhere." I said smartly.

He smirked at me. "Is that what you think?"

"I'm not leaving fam."

"I ain't got time for hood ass Dahlia. You gone getcha ass in that car or ima make you." I laughed a little.

He came up with this other person he would say and would use my middle name and call me Hood ass dahlia whenever I cussed or when I was mad.

I simply crossed my arms over my chest and just looked at his yellow ass.

He nodded. "Aight."

*****
"I hate you." I mumbled under my breath.

After watching him struggle for an hour putting all my bags in his car which wasn't much since a lot was at Mykos moms, he was throwing me in the car, literally.

He forcefully picked me up, with me fighting might I add, and dragged me to the car.

I was kicking and yelling at him so much people were thinking we were serious and he was kidnapping me and called campus security.

"You love me hush. Them fancy shmacy school don't be playin. They was bout to body slam a nigga." He grumbled as he drove to the airport.

"I should've let them. Why are you making me come back?" I whined.

"Where you was gone go when you had to leave campus?"

"Get a job and an apartment. Duh. And where will I stay back home? I'm not staying at mama C's anymore."

He chuckled shaking his head.

"Shit ain't easy girl. Apartments are expensive as fuck. And you can stay with me long as you don't be livin' dirty." His bluntly self said.

I rolled my eyes. "I appreciate it, I guess I'll just apply at a hospital. Shit I don't know." I mumbled, looking out the window.

"You'll figure it out. I got faith in you lil nigga.

"Thanks Chrissy." I cooed.

He mugged me as he pulled into the parking lot.

"Fuck outta here." I just laughed.

Maybe it won't be bad a thing coming home.

*****
"Good to be home Nola." I stated sarcastically.

"Quit whinin." Chris yawned as we got in a cab.

He had a friend who lived in New York that would bring his car back to him.

"I'm mufuckin ti'ed." He mumbled.

I looked over and shook my head. "You dumb as hell."

"Says the dumb ass." I slapped him in his chest making him cough.

"Damn. I ain't fuckin with you hood ass Dahlia." He mugged me while rubbing his chest.

I flicked him off while leaning my head on the window.

I'm stuck with the fool now. Great