Chapter Twenty one

Anastasia

Within ten minutes August was zooming into the parking lot and I was ready to run for the hills.

I tried my best to straighten myself up but it seemed like the longer my eyes were open, the worse I was feeling.

"Baybeh you good? The fuck you call me down here like that for woe'?" August asks me and Chris, after stepping out the car.

"Anastasia. Tell him." Chris urges me. I just stare at him, not saying a word.

"Anastasia." Myko calls out but I ignore her by resting my chin on my hand and closing my eyes.

"Well shit don't all speak at once. What the fuck goin on? That's the only mothafuckin time ima ask." August says, clearly getting frustrated.

"She's on that shit bruh. Look at her fucking eyes." Chris blurts out making August snap his neck towards him.

"Fuck you just say?" He asks stepping up to Chris.

"Aug calm down and look at her." Myko tells him.

August turns around and stares at me while making his way in front of me.

He squats down at eye level as I tired to avoid eye contact.

He grabs my face in his hands forcefully, while staring deep in my eyes.

I can see his jaw clenching as he just stares. He knows.

"You wanna tell me what the fuck you been doing Anastasia?" He says completely calm, still holding my face.

I shook my head, starting to feel emotional and I'll crack if I speak.

"Speak the fuck up." He barks in my face making me flinch.

People who was still on school grounds was being nosey trying to listen in and hang around.

"I messed up. I.. did something I shouldn't have done." I whispered while closing my eyes.

I heard him take a frustrated breath before letting my face go.

I opened my eyes seeing him now standing up and his arms crossed and pulling at his chin hairs.

"I can't even believe this shit yo." He shook his head.

I heard Chris scoff to himself.

"I'm sorry." I wiped my eyes, looking up at August.

He scrunched his face up. "You sorry?" He shook his head and squat back down at eye level. "Nah son. You wasn't sorry when you was snortin that shit. Why the fuck would you do that baybeh? Huh? Why the fuck would you do some dumb ass shit like that?" He asks, sounding genuinely hurt.

I shook my head and looked up at the sky for a brief second.

"I just wanted.. it to stop. The voices, the people, everything. Today, something in me just couldn't take it anymore. And I messed up August. I really am sorry." I was now full blown out crying, all this happening in the parking lot of my high school.

He didn't say anything for a second before he pulled me tightly in his arms making me cry harder.

"I'm so so sorry. I swear I won't do it again. I'm sorry." I sobbed out.

He rubbed my back to attempt to calm me down.

He pulled away and gathered my face in his hands, wiping my eyes with the bottom of his shirt.

"Listen to me aight? If you eva' do some shit like that again Stasia.. I'm done. You hear me? I love you so fuckin much man and I'll be damned if I sit around and watch you kill ya self. You deserve to live baybeh, live a beautiful life. When you feelin' down I want you to talk to me. Talk to me about all kinds of shit I don't care. Just talk to me love."

"I'm sorry." He sighed and kissed my forehead.

He helped me off the sidewalk and walked me towards the car.

I turned and looked at Chris seeing him already staring at me with an irritated expression.

I frowned and walked over to him.

"Chris, I'm so sorry. It was stupid of me to do but, I'm the type of person who doesn't quite know how to deal with their problems yet, and I'm not sure I will any time soon. Someone mentioned to me basically about making my problems go away and that's what I wanted. It was the most stupidest thing I could ever done and I know I will pay for it. But you guys mean so much to me and I don't ever wanna lose y'all because of my dumb ass choices." I told them all as I wiped my eyes.

August came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, whispering calm down in my ear to soothe me.

"You like family man. I don't ever wanna see you in some shit like that ever again. I know shit tough for you baby girl but you gotta push through that shit like a G like we know you are. Ima definitely beat that ass if you do something like this again." He joked trying to make light of the conversation. 

He hugged me and kissed my forehead. I was thankful for Chris, he was the big annoying brother that protected you.

I looked over at Myko who was wiping her eyes as she still didn't say anything to me.

I pulled away from August and walked over to my best friend.

"Myko.. I'm so so sorry. I did not mean to jerk away from or talk to you like that. I don't know what's been going on with me lately but this isn't me. I'm so sorry." I told her sincerely.

"I know talking is really hard but you gotta talk to one of us babe. That is not your answer, that shit is poison and will kill you with a quickness. I love you like my sister, your better than that shit." We embraced each other in a tight hug.

I was very embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I knew it was a messed up and wrong thing to do but I still did it anyways.

"Anastasia." August called out.

I looked over and seen him sitting on the hood of his car.

I walked over and sat next to him, leaning on his shoulder.

"You wouldn't lie to me right?" He questioned, cocking his brow up.

"Of course not." I answered without hesitation.

"Then tell me who the fuck gave you that shit." I froze. I know if I told him he would be extremely angry and go about it the wrong way.

But if I lied it would be much worse.

"Brandon." I whispered.

"Fuck boy who was tryna holla at the party?" I nodded.

He stared at the building while clenching his jaw.

He looked over and me and kissed my forehead.

"Ima handle it, let's go." I knew better than to say anything so I just got in the car.

Good going Anastasia.