Chapter Three.

Anastasia

It was such a beautiful Saturday that I just couldn't waste it in the house.

I went into my closet and took out a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a plain black shirt.

I left my slightly curly hair down to the middle of my back before I grabbed my phone and wallet and made my way out the room.

I found my father in the kitchen drinking coffee and reading his newspaper.

He looked up at me and squinted his eyes on my face.

"Doesn't look bad, if anyone ask tell them you fell. Don't open your damn mouth Anastasia." I nodded quickly.

"Is it okay if I go to the park down the street?"

"Go." I quickly walked to the door and grabbed my set up keys that was hanging up before leaving.

The sun was shining brightly and you can hear children laughing all around.

I walked around the corner and quickly crossed the street to where the empty park was.

I sat on the swing and hummed to myself as I closed my eyes and my mind wanders. 

End it.

You know you want to Ana.

No one will miss you.

Do it.

Just do it.

"Wassup girl?" I jumped, startled by the man who's now in front of me.

"Oh, hello there." I spoke softly.

"I ain't mean to scare you. What's your name beautiful?" The caramel colored man with tattoos all over him and one in the middle of his eyebrows asked me.

I blushed. "It's okay and Anastasia."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl. My name is Michael but everyone calls me Gunz." I slightly chuckled at the nickname.

"It's nice to meet you." I told him as I got up and dusted my pants off.

"Wait you mind if I get your number baby?"

"I don't know-" his phone ringing cut me off.

"Hold that thought, I gotta take this." He walked away still where I can hear him as I just took a look at his appearance.

"Yeah nigga I know he did."

"He was the last one round my cousin, so now ima body that nigga for fuckin with my family."

"Yeah. Find everything out on King. His boy Sneak too."

"Bet."

He walked back over as I tried to hold the most calmest face I can muster up.

He smiled." Your number?" I thought for a second. Should I?

"Okay." I replied softly.

We exchanged numbers and he left.

I sat back on the swing and thought about what happened. King? Body that nigga? What is going on?

I played with my hair, a nervous trait I picked up, as I thought of what I was going to do.

I didn't have his number so I couldn't call him.

I groaned out loud as I made my mind up.

I have to make it my business to let him know.

******
I was sitting on the bus that was on its way downtown. This was probably the dumbest thing I've ever done.

I just felt like I had to let him know what was going on.

I couldn't live with myself that I heard that man's conversation and something happen to King all because I was too scared to come downtown.

The bus stopped as I sighed in relief.

I got off and made my way down the street.

I walked down to 25th ave as the houses started getting familiar to me.

I heard guys talking and laughing as I made my way to Kings house. Great.

A young dark boy with dreads stood up on the porch as I made my way towards him.

"Who you?" he spoke with so much bass in his voice.

"I'm looking for King, I need to talk to him about something important Mr..." I dragged out not knowing his name.

He chuckled lightly. "I'm sneak. What's ya name baybeh?" Sneak? This is him.

"Anastasia. If your Sneak then I need to speak to the both of you about some important information." He held a serious expression as he was quiet before he motioned me to the back yard.

He opened the gate where Kings car was and himself sitting on the hood of it bobbing his head to the music playing.

"Aye yung!" Sneak called him out making him face us as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion looking at me.

"Wassup why you here lady?"

I took a breath before speaking.

"I'm so sorry for just popping up, I don't have your number or I would've called. I was at the park when a guy approached me, it was an innocent conversation until he took a phone call. I heard him say something about he killed my cousin so I'm gonna body him and find out whatever about king and his boy sneak too. I just thought I would make it my business to let you know what I came across." I spoke softly making eye contact with the both of them.

Sneak was the first to respond.

"You get his name lil mama?" I turned towards him and nodded.

"He said Michael but everyone called him Gunz. I got his number also." Sneak nodded at me before he gave me a smile with his pearly whites.

"You a real one girl, I fucks with it. I appreciate you giving us the word ya heard me?" I smiled at him and looked over at King who yet still hasn't spoke, only stared at me with his jaw clenched.

He looked over at sneak. "Aye give us a minute right quick woe'." Sneak nodded and walked off.

He stared at me and shook his head.

"Miss Anastasia, I appreciate you baybeh for that shit. You just showed you really rockin with a nigga when you came back and told me wassup. And for that always know I got you. Ain't nobody gone fuck with you when you fuckin with me ya heard me?" He spoke sternly.

I nodded and gazed at him. "I just felt like you needed to know." I responded softly.

He just nodded and his lips twitched up in a small smile but quickly left as he frowned.

He got of the hood and walked in front of me and took his hand and lightly touched my cheek.

"What happened to ya' face lady?" My eyes widen a little, I forgot about covering it up.

I nervously chuckled. "Oh I hit it with my door this morning. I'm clumsy." He eyed me for a minute to see if I was lying but eventually let it go.

He walked back to his car and got into the driver side and motion for me to get in also.

"I'll take you back home. How you get over here anyways?" He asks as he pulls out on to the road.

"I took the bus and walked the rest." I mumbled

"Say what? Bruh I told you to stop that shit. You needa quit walking outchea', if you need a ride or some shit hit me up."

"I know I'm sorry, I didn't have your number or I would have."

He sighed and asked for my phone.

He typed on it for a few seconds before returning it to me.

"Now you do. Don't hesitate to hit me up lady. Ya heard me?" I gave him a light smile.

That went okay. I guess.