Chapter Eight

Anastasia

It's been almost a week since the last time I seen August.

The night I came home late, my father was completely drunk and furious.

He kept blaming me for my mother dying and how I wouldn't matter to anyone, especially to him.

He wouldn't let me go anywhere but school and he also took my phone.

I can't forget how he beat me for an hour and a half straight.

I carefully got out of bed since he did major damage to my rib cage from kicking me so many times.

I went to the bathroom and avoided looking in the mirror as I brushed my teeth.

I finally looked up and seen my bruised lip and my left eye was puffy while it was a little blue and bruised underneath.

I sighed and walked out as I finished getting ready for school.

I pulled on a pair of jeans and threw on a black hoodie that I took from August's house.

His cologne was all over making my heart flutter. I miss him.

I slipped on my sandals and threw my hair in a bun on the top of my head as I grabbed my bag and walked out.

I found my father in the kitchen drinking coffee as he does every morning.

I grabbed an apple out the bowl and my house keys off the counter.

"Going to school." I told him quietly as I walked out the house.

***
The hallways was filled with noisy teenagers and teachers scolding students about running.

I made it to my locker as I seen Key a few lockers down at her own.

She gave me a dirty look as Myko came up and closed her locker acting as if it was an accident.

I tucked my lips in to keep from laughing as Key huffed and walked away.

Myko rolled her eyes and gave me a innocent smile before hugging me.

"Hello Myko." I greeted her closing my locker as we walked to 1st period together.

"Hey hey. Where have you been? I've only been seeing you at school, I been missing you." She pouted.

"I know I apologize, I'm grounded for coming home late." I mumbled as we walked in and sat together at the desk in the back.

"Awe babe. What happened to your face?" She asked concerned.

"Oh it's nothing." I lied. She was bout to say something but the teacher cut her off.

We started copying the board as we do every morning awaiting for him to start the lesson.

As I was writing I heard someone at the desk over on the right of me talk to his friend.

"I heard he got shot. People been saying he didn't make it." Blonde haired boy said.

Damn, that's crazy." Black haired boy responds.

"Yeah King was a cool ass nigga." The blonde one said making my head snap up and my heart drop.

No.

No.

I asked Myko for her phone as she handed it to me.

I quickly dialed his number with no answer. I did it twice more and still got the same response.

I bit my lip as I felt my tears finally let go and glide down my cheeks.