Chapter twenty five

Anastasia

I have been pacing this hallway for six hours and I'm not even exaggerating.

When August collapsed to the ground, he was only awake for two minutes and forty three seconds. I counted. He told me he loved me before he closed his eyes.

After that I got hysterical as people tried to calm me down but it just wasn't working.

For seven minutes, seven minutes I had to see my boyfriend, unconscious on the ground, shot, laying in his own blood.

As soon as we arrived he was being rushed into surgery.

He was shot in the lower part in his back, meaning someone shot him from behind us while we were walking.

Chris and Myko came up after an hour I was here. His mom, Mel, and his other brother Travis who was up here also, so I had to meet his mom and other older brother in this state I was in.

She was a very nice and sweet lady but this wasn't the best place  for bonding.

I have prayed so many times to God I'm sure he's annoyed with me now. I just couldn't stomach the thought of losing him. I just couldn't.

I shook my head as I still kept pacing while biting my nail. An anxious trait.

"You needa sit down lil mama." Mel spoke up, leaning deeper in his seat in the waiting area where everyone else was either sleeping or zoning out.

I ignored and just keep pacing.

I felt someone put their hands on my shoulders to stop me.

I looked up and seen Mama Shelia.

She smiled faintly at me. "Yung' is a fighta'. Just leave it up to God, if I know my son like I know I do, I know he wouldn't be havin ya' out here threatening nurses." She chuckled making my face flush.

I may have threatened the lady at the front desk a couple hours ago when they wouldn't tell me anything.

"Trust me baybeh I woulda done the same. But take it easy, he's gone he okay." I smiled and thanked her as she brought me over to sit with her and Mel.

His other brother Travis that I met was head all the way back, mouth wide open, snoring his but off.

I chuckled a little. We had a simple conversation earlier and from what I could tell he was a real character. Just like Chris, always making jokes and laughing. I loved them because this was when I needed to laugh the most.

The next hour went by so slow and still no word.

I was just about to close my eyes when I heard someone speak.

"Alsina family?" A doctor was standing there with a clipboard.

I sprung to my feet so fast and rushed over.

"Is he okay? What's going on?"

Mama Shelia wrapped her arm around my shoulder as we all stood around the doctor.

"Talk nigga." Chris ushered him, earning a slap to the back of the head by mama Shelia.

"Mr. Alsina is okay. He did lose a lot of blood but we were able to give him a blood transfusion. The surgery went well, we've successfully removed the bullet and stitched him up. We gave him pain medication so he's resting now but he will be just fine."

I dropped to my knees in a praying position thanking God over and over.

Mel brought me back to my feet and hugged me.

"Can we see him?" I heard mama Sheila ask.

"Of course. Right this way." I told them all to go ahead as I stayed back and got my mind right.

I have to mentally prepare myself for seeing him laid up in a hospital bed.

"You good?" Travis stretched, just waking up.

I nodded. "The doctor came, August is okay. Everyone went to go see him."

He sat up, now awake. "And why the hell ya' ass sittin out hea'?"

I blew out a breath. "I'm gonna go in. I just.. It's hard to see him like that." I whispered, wiping under my eyes.

He stood up and walked over to me and gave me a comforting hug.

He leaned back up and sat in the chair next to me.

"I know it is. Shit, dats' lil bro in there feel me? But you gotta see em'." He nodded his head at me and he got up to head in his room.

I took a few deep breaths before getting up myself.

I walked down the hallway and stood in front of his room, preparing myself once again.

I opened the door and closed behind me making them look towards me.

I smiled a crooked smile before taking little steps.

Mama Shelia and Mel was in front of his bed blocking his view while Chris, Myko,and Travis was talking off in the corner.

Mama Shelia finally moved aside a little so I could get a good view of him, I stopped in my tracks and the tears just flew down my face like a river.

My baby was lying on his back, his chest exposed with so many wires attached, oxygen in his nose, and his whole stomach was wrapped up.

I finally made it all the way to his bed, standing right next to him.

His eyes fluttered opened and looked up at me.

He slowly lifted his hand a little, and without hesitation mine was in his.

"Stasia." He mumbled tiredly.

"I'm here babe. I swear to God I'm here." I kissed his forehead.

"I luh'.. you.. so much." He said, the best as he could while slurring.

"I love you too babe."

"Damn." I turned around and seen Myko dabbing here eyes.

"Girl why the hell you randomly crying?" Chris screwed his face up.

"Cause I just love them." She whined, making us laugh a little.

"Can't belee' my lil bro done settle down wit' a good girl." Mel said, Travis agreeing with.

"I'm glad he did. I like you baybeh. You gone stick around." Mama Shelia spoke up.

I smiled faintly at them and turned back to August seeing him in and out of sleep.

Everyone stayed for another two hours before going home for the night since it was close to four am.

I stayed though, I was staying until they released him and we walked out together.

"Baybeh." I heard August call me.

I removed my blanket and got up out the chair by the window, walking over to his bed.

"I'm here, what's wrong?"

He smiled, still with his eyes closed.

"Thank you."

"For what?" I asked confused.

"Everything. Being hea' for me in general. I just want you to kno' whateva' happens, I luh' you no matta' what. Aight?" His accent just flowed freely, finally opening his eyes.

I grew even more confused. Maybe the medicine is making him like this?

I made a mental note to speak with his doctor. I bent down and kissed his lips softly a few times and then his forehead.

"I love you okay? I will always love you. You don't ever gotta think differently." I told him.

"I luh' you. I swea' I luh' you." He muttered before closing his eyes, drifting off.