Shoot

"For Y/N," the doctor called out. I jumped from my seat, eager to know if she'd be alright. Dinah, Camila, Ally and Lauren patted me on the back. They waited in the waiting room letting me go alone. Y/N lie in bed. "Hey, baby," I said, pulling up a chair beside her bed. She smiled lightly, reaching her hand out for me. I grabbed her hand, being pulled towards her face.

She stroked my face, smiling from ear to ear. "Baby, you look amazing," she said. "Oh please, I haven't slept in three days, my hair is a mess and I'm in some sweats," I replied. "You still look really hot," she laughed. I leaned down, pecking her lips softly. She kissed me back roughly, her nails digging into my side. Eager for action, she tried to sit up and immediately winced in pain. I slowly helped her lie back down.

"You can't just get up yet, Y/N," I said. "But I'm sick of lying down. I've told the nurses a thousand times I don't care how much it hurts, I want to sit up already," she replied. I sat back down in my chair. Y/N was always trying to be independent. Even when she was hurt she'd act like everything was perfectly fine. "You're injured, I won't allow you to hurt yourself even more because you wanna get freaky," I said. She sighed. "Please, I need you," she begged.

I laughed. "Absolutely not, you need to sit back until you're better. No amount of pouting will change my mind," I said. She sighed. "I wish I hadn't jumped in front of that fucking gun. She's completely fine and I'm here miserable," she frowned. "Oh c'mon, you're regretting saving that child's life?" I asked. "Not entirely--I just wish the bullet had missed both of us," she whined. I rolled my eyes, giving her another kiss. She smiled as we separated. Her smile quickly faded as she began screaming in pain. Her eyes rolled back and her body had began to seizure.

I ran into the hallway yelling for a doctor. They piled into the room, shoving me out of the way. I tried to make my way into the room but nurses kept me back. Dinah and Lauren both came to get me away from the room. I cried in Lauren's arms while Dinah rubbed my back. Ally and Camila walked back from the vending machine talking and laughing. Their smiles faded quickly noting my current condition. They came up hugging me and discreetly asking the others what happened. I was so scared that something as small as a bullet would be the reason I lost everything.