Jealous Girl

"You have snacks, tv, coloring books, and the bathroom is through that door. Promise me you'll behave until I come back," I said. "I promise. Why don't they like me?" She asked. "It's not that, Mila. They haven't even met you, if they did they'd love you," I reassured her, kissing her nose. She blushed, hiding her face in the blanket. "I'll be back in a bit, have fun," I said. She nodded, going straight to coloring.

I locked the door using my key. I skipped downstairs, nervous that something would go wrong. Camila was staying with me a for a month because of my job. I was a biologist and Camila was one of our experiments. She was made by me and my coworker from test tubes. Because her creation was strictly chemical based, she started growing at a fast pace. My coworkers had to travel out of country to get the treatment for her.

The doorbell rang and I swallowed my nervousness. I answered it, trying my best to seem normal. "Hey baby--girls what's up?" I said inviting them in. Dinah kissed me, happy to see me. "So, let's just cut to the chase," I said. Normani slapped the deck of cards onto the coffee table. I smirked, ready to kick some ass at Tonk.

A game or two in, we all stopped due to a loud thud coming from upstairs. "Oh my god," I sighed. I knew Dinah was going to blow up. "What the hell was that? Do you have someone upstairs?" She asked. "No, it was probably a random ass sound. We've a game to play," I replied, sweating heavily. She stared at me, standing up from her seat. "You're lying, who's upstairs? Tell me or I'm burning this house down," she threatened. "Dinah please sit down," I begged. She ignored me, walking towards the stairs.

I ran over to the stairs blocking her. "Guys, c'mon let's just finish the game," Ally said. Dinah shoved me out of her way, determined to find out who was upstairs. I chased after her, scared of her reaction. She jiggled the door knob, yelling at me to unlock the door. "Okay but you have to let me explain everything to you before you blow up," I said.

I unlocked the door, immediately pushed to the side. She stormed in the room ready to yell. "Who's up he-" she started. Camila lay in my bed, drinking a Caprisun and coloring. "Mila?" I said. She hummed, looking up at me. "You alright, sweetheart?" I asked. She nodded continuing her coloring. "I fell but I'm okay," she said. I grabbed Dinah's arm, quickly dragging her out of my room.

"Who the hell is she?" She softly yelled. "Her name is Camila. I'm taking care of her for a month," I replied. "Why? Is this a lie to cover up your cheating?" She asked. "I would even think about cheating on you. This is apart of my job," I said, walking down the stairs. She followed behind me, pissed for no apparent reason.

I sat down on the couch, picking up my cards. "Since when do you babysit some girl who's looks your own age?" She asked. I slapped my card on the table. "Shut the fuck up," I snapped. She furrowed her eyebrows, trying to speak again. "I said shut the fuck up. You have no right to be upset that I'm doing my job. I'm making money to keep your whiny ass happy," I said. She silently walked towards the front door.

The girls told me it was time I stood up for myself. It felt good but I was still a little too harsh. I went outside to talk to her. She sat outside on the porch. "Babe, you're probably pissed at me. I shouldn't have said that in front of them or even at all," I said, sitting in the chair next to her. She sat back. "I feel like you actually meant it. It hurt hearing you telling me to shut the fuck up like I'm a pain in the butt," she sighed. I squeeze her face, kissing her cheek. "You are a pain and I love that about you. I was a bit too harsh with what I said and I'm sorry. Are we cool now?" I asked. She nodded, nudging me playfully.

"Just to clarify, Camila is apart of my job. She is one of my experiments and I have to keep an eye on her for a bit," I said. "Really? What person would agree to be a lab rat?" She joked. "She didn't really agree. I made her," I replied. She slapped me. "Isn't that like illegal? You need permission to do that," she panicked. "Baby, I made her meaning I created her. I made her embryo from test tubes and watched her grow--it was truly a great and horrific experience," I clarified. "Why didn't you just tell me that. I barged in that room and probably scared her to death," she said. I laughed.

It got silent for a moment. "Can I meet her properly?" She asked. "No, not yet. She's already adapting to new surroundings and meeting new faces without her treatment could cause her curiosity to get to her. It'll trigger her to grow even faster. I could lose my job and I barely trust my coworkers with Camila, they treat her like property," I said. "Is she like your daughter?" She asked. "Yes, I feel like a mom," I smiled. "Well I'm glad you're getting the experience......I can't wait to finally meet," she replied. "It'll only be a few until they get the medicine," I said. "I'm excited to meet Camila but I meant I can't wait to meet our baby. I got inseminated, babe" she blushed.