bonus chapter. ( two )

the hellhole known as high school

[ authors note: republishing the boarding school au and I added some major changes, as well as wrote twice as many words. I'm thinking about making this a short series and posting this on the au book I'm planning. let me know what you think. ]

— octavia lahote

OCTAVIA lahote had no desire to transfer to some pretentious boarding school three counties away just because it was 'the right thing to do'. Her mother and father however, didn't seem to care much about what she wanted because it was, as they repeated for the twelfth time that drive alone, "The best thing for you Octavia sweetie, and your brother to. I know you might not like it now, but I'm sure you'll come to enjoy living there."

"I doubt that." Octavia mumbled to herself, looking out the window at the lush trees appeared to meld together as Octavia's father continued driving down the mostly empty highway going fifteen miles over the speed limit.

The brunette shared a glance with her brother, Paul, a senior who was just as excited with their abrupt change of schools as Octavia was. The Lahote siblings should both be used to moving around by now, having gone from school to school most of their childhood, but Saint Marcus' Boarding School was a new and unwanted addition to their already long line of schools they had attended. Octavia had been slightly pleased when she had heard her parents swear to them that this would be the final school that they'd be attending, though that was before her mother pulled out the brochure that had the words boarding school in bold blue letters that their parents had forgotten to mention.

Thirty minutes later the green forest disappeared, and a brick wall with a finely manicured lawn replaced it. A black rod iron gate Octavia's father pulled up beside the gate keepers station and talked animatedly with the man inside, getting directions and asking where to find the best parking.

Once they were actually on the campus, people were everywhere. There were parents holding boxes and maps while simultaneously pointing at the Victorian architecture, teenagers calling out to one another and running to embrace after what Octavia assumed was a summer apart, and a rather large group of tanned boys playing soccer on a grassy field.

"Octavia darling why don't you come with me and I can help you get settled into your dorm, and your father can do the same with your brother." Her mother suggested as they got out of the car. Octavia yawned, stretching her back while looking at the teens around her, her schoolmates.

Soon enough Octavia was holding several boxes and had a duffle bag slung over her shoulder. Her mother was pushing a cart that held the remainder of her possessions and they headed off to building three, room 3307.