fifteen

If Octavia was nervous before, now she was in full blown panic mode. The brunette was with the imprints at Emily's, though she couldn't stand to be in the same room with them. Instead the brunette had taken to pacing around her room.

Her pacing was interrupted by her phone ringing. The dark haired girl couldn't help but be confused as to why her phone would ring, seeing as she hardly used the device. Instead of questioning it further Octavia answer the call, though not before seeing a number she did not know on the screen.

"Hello?" Octavia spoke into the phone, her voice holding an obvious question.

"Come on now little bear, is that really the way you answer the phone to your beloved?" Felix teased lightly and Octavia immediately became more relaxed at the sound of his voice.

"Felix what the hell, how did you get my number?" Octavia questioned, her brain not thinking of a time when she had given the older vampire it.

"Oh well, Demetri might have taken your phone while you were sleeping in Volterra so we could have your number." Felix spoke quickly, adding a nervous chuckle at the end. Octavia couldn't find it in herself to be mad at her mate so instead she sighed.

"What exactly is it Felix?" Octavia questioned as she sat on the bed.

"Ah right, it appears miss Lahote that tonight's the night were leaving." Felix told the brunette through the phone.

Octavia didn't know how to feel.

Part of her was ecstatic. Octavia could imagine her life with the Volturi. She could imagine Caius being a father figure, she could imagine spending her time with her mates. Octavia could imagine being immortal and everything amazing that would come with it.

But Octavia was also scared. Scared to think of what her brother would feel when she left. Scared that he would be devastated and never move on, though there was a part of her that was even more scared to imagine what would happen if he did. She could imagine him having children with Rachel and them never even knowing she existed. Octavia knew how badly it would hurt him to leave.

At the end of the day however, she would always choose them.

"Okay." Octavia breathed.

"Okay." Felix replied. The smile in his tone was enough to convince Octavia she was doing the right thing.