Well, that Happened

R E N E S M E E

Jacob kissed me! Like he actually kissed me, without me asking! I seriously don't know what to do, especially since it was still happening.

He pulled away a few moments later, and then frowned at my shocked expression. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" I said, still in awe of what just happened.

"Why do you look scared?"

"I do?" If only I could see how I looked at the moment. "I'm not...scared, if you think that I am."

"I should've asked you, though," He sighed, and looked away.

"Hey," I stood on tiptoe, and reached up to touch his face. "It's okay. I wanted you to."

He smiled down at me. "Then, can I kiss you again?"

I nodded quickly, and he did.

***

Jake and I stayed in the meadow for only an hour before we made it back to the cottage. Most of the time was spent with us kissing, but it was great. A good ending to my birthday, you could say.

When we arrived back at the cottage, my mom and dad were watching television. Jake and I were holding hands, but let go before we walked in. "Hey you guys."

Dad looked over toward us. "Why were you gone for so long? I thought you two would just have a simple conversation."

"We did," I walked away from Jacob and sat in between Dad and Mom. "Then, just hung out for a bit."

"You guys were together all day." Dad countered.

"Calm down, Cullen," Jacob sighed. "It's not like we went to some god forsaken place in the middle of the night. Plus, we were only gone for an hour."

Mom also sighed. "Jake, she's still only seven. Can you please try to remember that?"

"I know that, Bells, but Renesmee is not what you categorize as a regular seven year old. Technically, she's a woman, and you guys have to take that into account."

Jake had a good point there.

"Jacob, this is not for debate. She's our daughter, and we will raise her the way we want to without your input."

"Fine," Jacob raised his hands up in surrender. "Happy Birthday, Ness. I hope you have many more. You all have a wonderful night."

Before any of us could say another word, Jacob walked out of the small little cottage. "Thank you." I whispered, and laid back. "Seriously, you two?"

"What?" Both of them said at the same time.

"You didn't have to act like that towards Jacob."

"Renesmee, leave it alone." Dad said.

"I rather not. You know, he told me you guys' story today."

Mom's eyes widened, but then went to their usual state. "What exactly did he say?"

"He said that Dad and him both loved you at the same time, and you chose Dad over him."

"Did he also tell you that he didn't want to be around me when I made my choice? And when his dad received an invitation, ran off." Mom said, bitterly.