A Picnic with Jacob

RENESMEE (One Year Later)

Jacob and I were in the meadow with my parents having a very different type of picnic. My parents were drinking blood, of course, while Jake was eating hamburgers, hot dogs, and chips. Let's just say he could eat.

I was so simply eating a well balanced meal, of blood and a hamburger. "Who actually made this?"

My dad raised his hand. "That would be me."

"Who knew this bloodsucker could cook?" Jacob said, as he wolfed down some of his chips.

"Jake..." My mom shook her head.

"What?"

"Please stop with the bloodsucker remarks," I said for her. "Mommy's one of us now, and I'm half-vampire, so it's pretty insulting."

"Sorry guys. Kind of a habit."

"A habit that should be broken by now," Daddy says politely. "You should've stopped saying it while ago, Jacob."

"Eh, but calling you Edward is hard. Such an old name."

"What about Jacob?" My dad raised his eyebrows.

"It's more common than Edward. I mean, do you have some type of nickname, or something shorter than Edward?" Jacob looked frustrated.

"Why can't you just leave it be?"

"Guys!" My mom said gently. "Can we please just celebrate Renesmee today?"

"Celebrate her having her first kiss when she's two?" Jacob looked a little disturbed. "Sure, because that's normal."

"I did not have my first kiss, Jake," I rolled my eyes. "I look ten, and that would be a little insane."

"Well, then what are we celebrating?"

"Her having a great school year, of course," My dad smiled at me. "Straight A's every semester."

"Good, that's something to celebrate," Jacob patted my shoulder. "Great job."

"Thanks," I sighed. "Mom and Dad can you guys leave us two for a few minutes?"

My mom nodded. "Of course, Renesmee."

My dad didn't look too happy about that, but he and my mom disappeared a few seconds later. Jacob looked at me hesitantly. "What's up?"

"Jake, you really need to stop automatically assuming things that aren't true."

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean!" I raised my hands in frustration. "I haven't even had a date with a guy, and you just assume that I had my first kiss. I thought you were better than that."

"Now what's that supposed to mean?" He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"That you're absolutely insane, to be honest."

"I'm insane?"

"Did I not speak English? Yes, you are, Jake, because you should know over a lot of people that I can't even be in the mindset to be with anyone because of how I am. And it kills me that you're too jealous to understand that."

Jacob scoffed. "I'm not jealous."

"Oh yeah? Just yesterday, you threw a tantrum just because I was hanging with some of my friends on the reservation. What the hell was that?"

"I was just looking out for you."

"You don't need to," I stood up. "I can take care of myself."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N

Hey guys! This concludes chapter 6 of Crossbreed! I'm so sorry it took so long for me to update. I had bad writers' block, but hopefully this'll make up for it. Anyways, some drama between Jake and Renesmee. I wonder how this'll turn out. Pardon the short chapter, I just really wanted to get something out to you guys. I'll try to update sooner.
Thanks for 500 reads btw!!!!
Comment. Vote. Share!!!!
~Lauren