A Day at the Rez

RENESMEE

The ride down to La Push was pretty quiet. We rode in my mom's "before" car, her Mercedes. Jacob rode in the back with me, while Mom drove of course. We played I Spy to pass the time, and so far neither Mom or Jake couldn't guess what I was thinking. My clue was, I Spy with my little eyes, something brown.

Jacob sighed. "Okay, I'm done, what is it?"

Mom laughed as I rolled my eyes. "It's your eyes, Jake."

He looked surprised. "I'm so stupid."

"That's the first correct thing you said all day," I stared out the window. I memorized the distance amount of time to get to La Push, and the area leading to it. Grandpa Charlie hung down here all a lot with Uncle Billy. They're best friends.

My second best friend, Claire, is always at the beach with Quil. It's kind of funny when you think about it, because Quil doesn't really like water, but he'll do anything for her. Kind of like how Jacob would do anything for me. Imprinting.

When we finally got to Uncle Billy's house, Jake helped me out of my car seat, and opened my door for me. I smiled at him. "Thanks, Jake."

He smiled back. "No prob, Nessie. You wanna head straight to the beach?"

"I wanna see Rachel and Uncle Billy." I whined.

He laughed, and put me on his back. Which made him about 10' 9". I giggled as he ran into Uncle Billy's house. Rachel and some man, I'm guessing her new boyfriend, were sitting in the small living room on the sofa. I'm guessing Uncle Billy was in the kitchen.

"Hey Rach," Jacob said, while placing me on the ground.

Rachel smiled as she stood and hugged her brother. "God, Jake, you're almost a tree. I don't even know how though. Unless Grandpa Black passed on his genes somehow. It's possible."

A flash of realization hit me. Rachel doesn't know that Jacob is a werewolf. Come to think of it, not many people do.  Just his pack, my family, Grandpa Charlie, and Uncle Billy. Also others, but not many.

Jacob looked at my mom with a look of a sense of like asking. She just shrugged, and smiled at Rachel. "What's up, Rachel?"

Rachel smiled when she saw my mom. "Hey Bella. How's married life?"

"Pretty nice."

Rachel smiled again. "You married that Edward guy, right?"

"Yep," Mom gestured towards me. "This is our daughter, Renesmee."

Rachel looked at me witch a confused look. "If you guys just got married last year, how come she's as big as a five year old?"

"A lot has happened since you've been here," Jacob sighed. "I think you should sit down, sis."

Rachel looked surprised, but sat beside her boyfriend. Jacob remained standing, while my mom picked me up, and held me on her hip. Jacob cleared his throat. "Okay. So, you remember when you came home last year in the spring, and I was basically nowhere to be seen? Also most of that summer too."

Rachel nods. Jacob continued. "Well, you see, Rach, that I'm sort of a...werewolf."

Her eyes widened, so did her boyfriend's. "You're a what?"

"A werewolf," Jacob said again.

Rachel shook her head. "I thought all those legends were fake. I mean Dad used to..."

"Yeah, all of those stories...are kind of true."

"Even about the "cold ones"?"

Jacob looks over at my mom and me. "I think Bella should tell you about that."