A Day Out

BELLA

I was really surprised that Edward had let me go. We really haven't been away from each other in months, unless one of us was hunting. We kept a lot of blood at our home, so the need to feed wasn't extreme.

This was also one of the first times I've left Renesmee. Of course there was times when she had school, but I was still near by.

Jessica had suggested that we met up in Port Angeles, like the time we went to go dress shopping. When I told Edward this, however, his reaction was pretty much how Charlie was when Edward had left after the both of us telling him about our engagement.

"That's extremely risky, Bella!" Edward said, frustrated.

"I know, Edward, but I promise I'll take care of myself. I'm married now, so no one could really take advantage of me."

"That's not the point, Bella," He ran a hand through his hair. "The point is Port Angeles is far. It's far from here, and it would take us a longer time to get to you."

"Just drive me there, since you think I can't protect myself!" I shouted.

This had to be the first fight we've had since the birth of Renesmee. But what I was saying was true. I was born to be a vampire, and as soon as I turn, my husband takes my life into his hands. Sometimes, it could be infuriating.

Edward was really taken aback. "I don't understand."

"Of course you don't. Edward, we've been married for two years. In those two years, we've barely been away from each other. But you also need to know, that's it almost been two years since I've turned. I can take care of myself, and you should know that more than anyone. I know you're worried, but I'm not some helpless human anymore. I can kill anyone, not that I would, but if it comes to protecting myself, I'll do whatever takes.

"Now, let me say something else. Another huge part of marriage is trust, and I would hope that you trust me enough to let me hang out with a few friends. And if you don't..."

He cut me off. "I trust you more than Alice."

"That's a lot of trust," I smiled at him. "Will you let me go alone to have fun?"

"Not too much fun. Save some of your energy for me."

"Oh God!" Jacob walked in the room with a disgusted look on his face. "Can you guys please keep your private life private? I seriously think I puked in my mouth."

"No, you didn't, Jacob," Renesmee says, walking in a few moments later. "You just gagged."

"Close enough," Jacob frowned. "Just stop talking about what happens in your bedroom basically every night."

I shook my head. "We hadn't even said anything like that, Jake."

"You implied it, which makes it even worse."

"I'm just going to go now," I grabbed my purse and keys, then kissed Edward. "I'll see you guys later."

+++

"It's so good to see you Bella!" says Jessica, when we all sit down at our table for lunch.

"It's good to see you too, Jess, and you too, Angela. How's life been for you guys?"

Angela smirked. "Probably not as exciting for you! How's being married to Edward? It must be like heaven."

I smiled. "It's wonderful, and we're both really happy and in love."