After the Disaster

J A C O B

Renesmee was gone for only two hours before she came back to the cabin. The party was still going on, as Bella and Edward weren't going to send everyone home for only an hour party. I was hanging out in the kitchen, talking to numerous people, vampires and werewolves. Bella was nowhere to be found, but Edward was hanging out with his "brothers" Jasper and Emmett.

When Renesmee walked in, many heads turned toward her, including mine and her father's. She walked towards me, and gave me a small smile. "Thank you for the space."

I nodded. "No problem. So, are you going to stay for your party?"

She sighed and shook her head. "Nah, I think I'm just going to go to my room. You guys enjoy yourselves."

Before I could say anything else, Renesmee walked out of the room, and probably to the destination she mentioned.

I stared after her, wanting to follow, but knew she still needed some space. Hopefully, I could talk to her a little later.

I finally tore my eyes away from the hallway, and took a sip of the beer in my hand. Paul and Jared had brought it for everyone except for the present vampires. The people who were around me, dispersed around the cabin, leaving me alone. Of course I didn't mind it, but it had been pretty random, considering they were around when Renesmee had walked in and when I was talking to her.

"What's up between you and my niece?" Blondie, or should I say Rosalie, asked, coming out of nowhere.

I raised my eyebrows at her. "What do you mean?"

"How come she says 'thanks for the space' only to you, and not to her parents?" She crossed her arms.

"What's with the interrogation, Blondie?"

"You really need to refrain from calling me that, wolf," She huffed. "Now, answer my question."

"I don't think so." I was not about to explain myself to this maniac.

"Watch it, Jacob." Edward said in a normal voice, but loud enough for me to hear him.

"How about you stay out of my head?" I said right back, and looked at his "sister". "Rosalie, I'm sorry to put this harshly, but what happens in me and Renesmee's relationship is between us only, so butt out."

Rosalie bared her teeth, and Emmett was over in a second (Charlie had left a few minutes ago). "Babe..."

Rosalie closed her mouth, and disappeared once again. Emmett gave me an apologetic shrug, and I simply just looked at him with bored expression.

I could not wait for this party to be over.

+++

The party lasted a good two more hours, before everyone left, except for Edward, Bella, and me. Renesmee had never come out of her room during those two hours, but she had to come out sooner or later.

Bella was cleaning up the trash in the kitchen, when I walked over to her. "Hey Bells."

She smiled sadly at me, and continued working. "Yes, Jake?"

"We need to talk to her."

"Don't you think I know that?" She said harshly, but then sighed. "Sorry for snapping, it's just...every time we try to do something for her, it always goes wrong."

"Not always."

Bella gave a "seriously?" look on her face. "Don't lie, Jake."