Her First Birthday

JACOB

"Make a wish, Nessie," I told the girl who has grown, literally, faster than time. She smiles at me, and closes her eyes for a moment. She opens her eyes a second later, and blows out her candles. Everyone around us starts clapping. Even though Renesmee was basically at the height of a five year old, her first real birthday was a milestone.

"Happy Birthday, sweetie," Bella kissed Renesmee on the head with a smile. "You're growing up so fast."

"As opposed to normal," Emmett added.

"Shut up, Em," Edward shot a glare at Emmett. "What'd you wish, Renesmee?"

"I can't tell you, Daddy," Renesmee said. She looked up at me, and touched her hand to my cheek. An image of her when she looked about sixteen crossed her mind, me standing right beside her. She was holding my hand in the image, and staring up at me with soft eyes. I smiled down at her, because even if she grew to be tall, her height won't even compare to mine. The image went away, and I looked down at Renesmee with a curious look.

"I want that to happen, Jake," She looked down at a piece of cake. "I want us to be close forever. Or, as long as we live anyway. Not necessarily in a relationship, but a strong friendship."

"I wouldn't want it any other way," I smiled once more.

Edward cleared his throat. "I think that's enough wolf on half-immortal time. Shouldn't you guys be heading home?"

Leah rolled her eyes. "Seth is the only one who really needs to go home. I could stay here all I want, as long as I don't kill one of you bloodsuckers."

"Leah..." I warned her.

"I'm being honest, Chief," She stood from her seat. "Happy Birthday, Nessie. Let's go, Seth."

"I'm staying here, Leah. You forget I like these vampires. They're my friends." Seth said.

"Whatever." With that, Leah walked out the door, and left. It took all my strength not to sigh with relief, that Charlie went to the bathroom. Even though he knew that Bella was now special, and I was a werewolf, he didn't technically know that Bella and the rest of the clan were vampires.

It was forbidden to know. Renesmee took a bite of her cake, and scowled. "Blood is so much better than human food."

"You need to get used to it, Nessie," Edward told her. "When you're off on your own, you're going to have to blend in. It's not like you can have blood in broad daylight."

"I know, Daddy," Renesmee sighed. "I was just saying that I like blood more than food. That's it."

"Calm yourself, Edward," Alice patted her brother's shoulder. "You forget that Nessie is one smart egg. She knows what's wrong and what's right."

"True," I added.

Edward scowled in my direction. "Not helping, Jacob."

"Not helping is my specialty," I smirked. Renesmee laughed, while Bella tried to not smile, but failed. "You're something else, Jake."

"He knows," Jasper said, expressionless.

"It's so irritating. Why did you have to imprint..." Blond-- I mean Rosalie, was cut off by a toilet flushing. We all stood quiet, as we waited for Charlie to come out of the bathroom. I lifted up my imprintee, and lead her to her load of gifts. "You should open mine first."

She laughed at me once more, but did as I asked. It didn't take her long to unwrap it, doing it perfectly. She gasped with excitement. It was a small jeep for her to ride in. I was going to get her a small motor bike, but of course, her bloodsucker of a dad went against it. Then, there's the fact that her mom is also a bloodsucker. But I can stand her better. It also might have to do with the fact about how I'm best friends with her mother.

Nessie hugged me around the neck. "I love it, Jacob. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome, Ness. You wanna try it out for a spin?"

"Jacob, it's fine to let Nessie ride it. But do it outside, so Esme's floors won't get scratched," Carlisle said. I nodded, and lifted Nessie's present with no problem. Esme smiled at me with gratitude. Renesmee pulled my jeans. "Let's go, Jacob."

She lead the way outside, and I put down the jeep for her. She hopped right in, and started the faux engine. When it quietly purred, she giggled. "Just like Mommy's Mercedes."

I laughed, and showed her how to drive it. She listened eagerly, and asked if she was doing everything correctly. "Absolutely, Ness."

She giggled when the car would go, and drove cautiously. I watched her drive around the yard, laughing whenever she had to turn around. It was adorable. She reminds me so much of Bella. Her smile, her laugh, her voice, even. It's amazing.

"Hey Jacob," Bella came up beside me. "I think that Nessie will only like your present."

"We should treat her like a kid," I watch Renesmee. "I mean, she'll be full grown before we know it. We should enjoy her time as a child."

"Totally agree with you there," She smiled as Renesmee tried to drive around a tree. "Thanks, Jake."

"For what?"

"For sticking by her. I know you kind of can't be away from her, but...It's kind of like what I told you when I was still human. It feels...complete with you here."

"Just doing what I do best." I smirked once more.

She actually laughed. "I'm glad we're still best friends."

"I can't imagine not being best friends with you. Sure, before Nessie was born, I was hoping you would drop the bloodsucker. But, I actually loved how everything turned out."

"Really?"

"Yup," I looked at Renesmee when she decided to park. "You need help, Nessie?"

"I want to try to do it myself, Jacob!" Renesmee answered back.

She struggled a little more, and I asked if she needed anymore help. She rolled her eyes at me, and turned down the help. I laughed. "Just like you, Bells. Stubborn."

Bella playfully slapped my shoulder, and sighed. "Renesmee, just let Jacob help you. We need to give you a bath. Plus, your grandpa Charlie, is about to leave." When Renesmee heard that Charlie was about to leave, she practically begged for my help. I told her to jump out, while I parked her car. She pecked me on the cheek, and ran to the door. Even though she was only  half-vampire, she was still as fast as lightening.

It didn't take long to park the car, only five seconds. Bella stayed with me while I finished the task. It reminded me of the times we had, back at my garage, fixing those pretty amazing bikes. Now, those were the days. No bloodsucker, no werewolf issues, just plain Bella, and plain Jacob. Now, she's a freaking supermodel, and I'm a walking skyscraper who has anger issues, due to being a werewolf.

But, I don't regret anything. I've spent the last year of my life with an amazing girl, whose mother just happens to be Bella Swan or Cullen, if you want to be proper about it. She's just like her mom in many ways, and sometimes like her dad. To me, she looks just like Bella, but of course, everyone thinks she looks like Edward. Whatever.

"C'mon, Jake," Bella gestured for me to come along. I looked at the toy car once more, and walked in before Bella could even have an idea of what happened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Hi, peeps. So, this is my first fanfic. I hope that you like it so far. Twilight is definitely in my top 5 fav series, and I've always wondered what would with Jacob (Team Jacob, over here), and Renesmee. We know that they will eventually be together. But of course, we didn't know what happened in between. So, plz comment, vote and share. I'll try to have the second chapter up next week.