Another Perspective

R E N E S M E E

When I ran off, I went back to the meadow. It was my favorite place other than my room, and the only place I could go to really think. I couldn't believe my parents went completely against what I said, but then I could. Lately, they just have done what they thought I needed, and never thought to think about what I wanted.

It wasn't fair.

I then thought to Jacob. How could he not warn me? Was he just not going to tell me? I would have to talk to him about that later, but right now, I just needed to vent.

I heard rustling in the grass, signaling someone had followed me. I rolled my eyes. "Go away, Jacob. I don't want to talk to you."

"Last time I checked, my name wasn't Jacob, and I hope you can make an exception for me." Seth commented, appearing beside me.

I scoffed. "I'm shocked I didn't catch your scent. You stink worse than half of the pack."

Seth sat down beside me, and pretended to look hurt. "Since when are you cold-hearted?"

"I'm not cold-hearted, I'm half-mortal, remember?" I said sarcastically.

He laughed at that. "I didn't know you had a sense of humor."

"You rarely hang around anymore, so you wouldn't exactly know that, now would you?"

"Geez, Nessie, you are a ball of salt."

"I'm going to take that as a compliment."

We were quiet for a moment, before I cleared my throat. "What are you doing out here, Seth?"

"Checking on you. Especially since your parents nor Jake did the deed."

"They're doing what I asked," I defended my family. "I wanted to be alone, and when someone says that, everyone should respect that. So in all honesty, you've pissed me off even more."

"You know, Renesmee, there's no need for you to be so unbelievably rude. I was simply seeing if you were okay, and all you've done is either get mad at me or be extremely sarcastic. So stop for one second, and let me talk!"

I was stunned. Seth never got angry like this; only his sister and Paul. I put a sympathetic look on my face. "I'm sorry for being so meh. It's just..."

"You're really upset."

"Yeah," I sighed. "I'm even mad at Jacob, and that rarely happens."

"Probably because he didn't tell you about the whole thing. You shouldn't be so hard on them, though. They just wanted to celebrate you." Seth reasoned.

"I get that, but still. All I asked was to be with them and Jacob with some like cake and ice cream. Well, Jake and I would have eaten the cake and ice cream, but whatever. Just something simple."

"But Renesmee, think about it this way. You're basically an adult now, right? Meaning you're about to go on your own most likely. Maybe Bella and Edward just wanted to celebrate you one last time before you do go off on your own."

I hadn't thought about it that way. "True statement."

"And Jake, I know he wasn't apart of the plans for the party. He just wanted to be with you, you know?"

I smiled at that. "I guess I won't yell at him too much then."

"What's going on between you two anyway? I was asking him why hasn't he dated anyone since you were born..."

I cut him off. "Why were you asking him that?"

"Why did you cut me off before I even finished my sentence? It's funny, you know. Considering the fact he was head over heels for Bella, and went insane when she picked Edward over him. I would think he would be glad to get over her."

"Maybe he is seeing someone," I muttered, thinking about our earlier conversation.

"That would be a negative. Jake tells me everything."

I rolled my eyes. "Seth, give it a rest, would you? It's okay if Jacob isn't dating anyone. I mean, think about it this way. It's a good thing that he's not dating because if he was dating someone, he wouldn't be as focused on the pack or his friendships, you know?"

Seth didn't seem convinced. "Yeah, but like everyone in the pack is dating someone. Even Leah is seeing someone. And he's the alpha."

"So?"

"So, why isn't he dating anyone? It's like he's not even opened to it."

I rolled my eyes. "Seth, if you are going to lecture about Jake's love life, I would appreciate it if you would do it elsewhere, because it's not exactly something I want to be discussing."

"Do you realize you shuddered when you said that?" Seth noticed.

"So?" What was with him?

"Do you like him or something?"

Yes. "No. Just because I don't want to talk about his love life, doesn't mean I have feelings for him. It simply means that's his business, and none of mine."

"But..."

"Oh my gosh, Seth, leave me alone!" I yelled. "Geez, don't you ever stop? First, you come out here knowing I wanted be alone, then you scold me for being irritated, and now you're prying about information that's none of your business?"

Seth looked frightened. "I- I'm sorry..."

I cut him off. "No, you're not! You had no business coming out here in the first place. So if you will excuse me, I'll gladly appreciate it."

I left before he could say another word.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N

Another update for you guys!!! Sorry for the long wait, I had surgery and it was a two week recovery, so that is the main reason why it took so long for me to update.

Vote. Comment. Share!!!

~Lauren