The Talk (Knew it was coming sooner or later)

JACOB

I woke up around eight the next morning. I looked up to find Nessie reading one of her books, Romeo and Julliet. I remember Bella reading that when her bloodsucker disappeared.

I tapped on Nessie's shoulder. "Have your folks came in here?"

She smiled at me. "Jake, they really have no choice but to let you stay. Daddy might not like it, but you're Mommy's best friend. Don't worry."

I smirk. "Thanks, Nessie."

She nodded, as she continued reading. I went to the bathroom real quick, and used it of course. I had to go home soon, because my sister Rachel would be there today. Bringing her "fantastic" boyfriend. Total BS. It was probably some rich snob, that'll promise that he'll take her all over the world, and drop her as soon as they hit the airport.

Okay, excuse my statement, but if you know me, you should know that I expect the worst in people. It's just me. Plus, it doesn't help with the fact that the girl I fell in love with is a vampire, and is married to the stupid bloodsucker that helped her produce my imprintee, who now holds me to this Earth. Just stating facts here.

When I got out of the bathroom, Nessie wasn't in the room. She was probably having her usual breakfast, a blood shake. You know, I love her, but her drinking blood still weirds me out. She looked human and acted human, until the blood thing. Hopefully she'll be okay at school.

Bella decided that if she would go to school, it would be the Rez's school. Reason is, basically everyone in the reservation knows about Renesmee. I bring her down basically every weekend.

I walk out to the kitchen to see Nessie, Bella, and Blood...Edward. This is so hard to do. "Mornin', Cullens!"

Edward scowls at me. "Jacob. Can you please tell as to why you're in my daughter's room?"

Bella places an hand on Edward's shoulder. "Hi Jake."

"Hey Bella," I sit down at the counter. "Do you mind fixing me some breakfast?"

"Actually, I do," She playfully hits me. "Get some cereal from the pantry."

I nod, and head to the pantry. For a house basically full of vampires, they had a ton of food. I grabbed some cereal, and got a handful to eat.

Edward sighed. "Really, Jacob?"

"Shut up, I'm hungry."

Bella laughed. "Jake, don't you have to head over to Billy's house today to see Rachel?"

"Maybe. Maybe not," I raided the fridge for something to drink. "Do you have guys have anything but blood in this house?"

"Middle drawer," Edward suggested.

I checked the middle drawer, and sure enough there was some milk and OJ. I grabbed the milk, and drank straight from the carton. As I turned to face the Cullens, all of them looked at with disgust.

Renesmee sighed. "Jake, you could at least act civilized."

I shrugged. "What's more civilized than a werewolf drinking milk, and in front of blood-thirsty vampires?"

Bella and Edward rolled their eyes. "Seriously, Jacob."

"Love you guys too," I closed the carton, and hugged Bella and Edward. "You might as well get used to me."

Edward scowled at the floor. "Do you mind, Jacob?"

"Oh, do I smell too good for you? I smell perfectly fine for Nessie."

Edward's eyes widened even more, and Bella and Renesmee laughed. Edward took me by the shoulder, and led me into the living room. "What the heck is wrong with you today, Jacob?"

"As supposed to yesterday? Nothing. Just gracing your home with thyself."

"Cut the crap, will you?" Edward ran his hand through his "perfect" hair. "You and I need to have a talk."

"Dude, I'm not going to r..." He cut me off before I could continue. "Shut up and listen, please?"

I pretend to zip my lips, and throw away the key. Edward takes an unnecessary breath. "Okay. So, I can tell you and Renesmee are becoming close."

"As friends," I intervene.

Edward looked frustrated, but nodded. "Yes. As friends. Have you also noticed how Renesmee acts around you?"

"Like a little girl who has a werewolf as her best friend? Pretty easy to understand."

Edward laughs without humor. "You know what makes me laugh all the time? The fact you were able to tell, and deny everything against any feelings that weren't towards you, when you concluded that Bella was in love with you. But the girl that you actually have a chance with, you're absolutely oblivious to seeing."

"Edward," I roll my eyes. "You forget, that Bella was basically as old as me. I was in love with her, and can feel myself falling in love with Nessie, but not until she's fully grown. You should trust me more."

"Kind of hard to do, when you're always making jokes about liking my daughter," He sighs. "Just...be her friend for the time being. Whether you like it or not, Renesmee is going to like you soon, but it's going to be your job to handle her. Understand?"

"Loud and clear," I roll my eyes. Edward looks proud, even though everything he talked about, I already knew. I wasn't a perv. I knew Nessie was younger. She might not even want to go out with me or marry me when she was older, and I was fine with that. It's her decision.

I walked back into the kitchen, and kissed Nessie on the head. "Do you wanna come see Rachel with me?"

Renesmee's eyes widen with glee, as she looks to Bella. "Can I Mommy?"

Bella smiles back at her. "Of course, Renesmee. I might come down too," She looks at me for confirmation.

"Sounds like the trio is going down the Rez," I looked at Edward. "Unless you wanna come?"

Edward waves me off. "I'll stay here. Em and Jazz will be here so we could hang out today. You guys have fun."

I nod, and pick Nessie up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

Ello, loves. How's love. This concludes chapter 3 of Crossbreed. It's not as long as the first two, but it'll do. Are you guys liking it so far? I hope so, cuz' this is my favorite book to write on here. Anyways, comment, vote, and share pretty please. As always, I love you guys...forever!
~Lauren