A Wedding

Six Months Later

RENESMEE

"Oh, c'mon, Grandpa, it's not going to be bad." I told Grandpa Charlie.

He was currently having cold feet. We were waiting downstairs in Gramma Esme and Papa Carlisle's living room. Everyone else was getting ready, except for Jacob, Grandpa, Uncle Emmett, and I.

Grandpa shook his head. "What if this is too fast? I mean, it has only been six months since we got engaged."

"Charlie, Sue is ecstatic to be married to you. If she could've married you the day you proposed, she would've. So, it's definitely good timing." Jacob reassured him.

"What if..."

"Okay Charlie," Uncle Emmett patted my grandfather's back. "How long has it been since you were last married?"

"Too long, I guess." He sighed.

"Charlie, look at it this way," Jacob sat down beside him. "Sue loves and adores you. You love and adore her. You're both around the same age, have kids around the same age. With the exception of Seth, but he could handle himself. You guys are great for each other, trust me."

"Great motivational speech, Jake." I smiled at him.

He smiled back, while Grandpa considered.

"Emmett, sweetie, can you help me upstairs?" Aunt Rosalie shouted from somewhere in the house.

"Coming." Emmett said quietly, and ran up in the stairs so fast, I didn't see him leave.

Grandpa grunted. "I guess you're right, Jake. When did you get all that wisdom?"

"Kind of had to have it with a sprouting teenager around the place."

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes. "I'm not technically a teenager."

"You act, sound, and look like one." Grandpa and Jacob said in unison.

"Really, Grandpa? I thought you were on my side."

"I'm on the side of the truth, Renesmee." He ran his hand through my hair, while laughing.

"Ugh, whatever. Do you know how many people are coming?"

"No, I don't. Your aunt Alice and Sue completely planned this thing between the two of them. So, I seriously know nothing except that I'm getting married today, and Jacob is my best man."

"I'm surprised you didn't ask my dad." Jacob remarked.

"Oh, I did. I asked him even before Sue and I got engaged, but he declined."

"Why?" I asked.

"My dad has his reasons," Jake said, while standing up. "I'm just gonna go get something to eat."

He walked out of the room, before I could stop him. "Weird."

"Why don't you check on him? You all are best friends or something, right?" Grandpa said.

"I guess you can say that." I shrugged as I walked towards where Jacob went. He was in the kitchen that was always stocked as a façade for my father's side of the family.

Jacob was sitting at the island in the middle of the kitchen, and seemed to be deep in thought. I touched his arm. "Are you okay?"

He looked at me with a nervous grin. "Yep. Great, actually. Why'd you ask?"

"It's just you walked away, as if your father turning down Grandpa was a sensitive topic. Care to elaborate on that?" I sat down beside him.

"It's really nothing. My dad just having his issues with things going on."