My First Lesson

RENESMEE

When my mom, dad, and I got home that night, I walked straight to my room. I needed to make some room for all of the presents that I got for my birthday. Daddy and Mommy will be bringing them in the middle of the night, after their "sleep". Ew. They think I don't hear them.

I went to my bathroom, and tied my hair into a ponytail. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I really wanted something else to eat. "Mommy!"

"Yes, Nessie?" She ran into my room a nanosecond later.

"Can I have something to eat?"

"Human food or blood?"

"Cookies. It's one of the only things I can stand."

Mommy nodded and went to the pantry. She grabbed some cookies and handed them to me. "Her you go, sweetie."

"Thanks, Mommy," I took them with me to my room. Jacob would be here sooner or later. He always came in the middle of the night to check on me. So sweet. I decided to listen to some music on the MP3 player, my daddy got me last year for Christmas. I put on something random, and lay down in my bed. I'm bored.

See, this all happened with my first lesson to act civilized. Not that I wasn't from the beginning. It's just...I want to go to real school, and in order to do that, I have to act human-like. My father Edward said the best thing to do, is try to act as normal as possible. But I'm not normal. I'm half human, half vampire. How can I act more than I am?

Anyways, Auntie Alice and Uncle Jasper were teaching me the most common practice, keeping my thirst under control. It's a very hard thing to do, when all you have most of the time is blood. They told me that the blood in the other kids will smell amazing, and that I would want it automatically. They also said it wouldn't be as hard to hold myself back, because of my human side.

Auntie Alice also taught me to do habits that humans would do. Kind of what happened with my mom the first time she saw Grandpa Charlie after she turned to a vampire.

I think messing with my hair is the easiest thing to do. It's already as long as my mom's, almost to my bottom. Auntie Rosalie braids it a lot, and loves the feel of it. I like when she does my hair.

As I replayed the lesson in my head, I finally heard a knock on my window. I got out of my bed, and ran to the window. There stood Jacob, in human form, unlike last night. "Sup Nessie."

I smiled, and opened the window wide enough for him to come in. He climbed inside with no problem. I sat on the floor and he sat in front of me, and smirked. I thought it was the cutest thing about him. My mom told me that her and Jacob kind of had a fling, but it wasn't really anything. I've noticed that Jacob still seems in love with her, but loves me more. It made me excited.

"So, what have you been doing, Ness?" Jacob leaned back on his hands.

"Nothing much. Just listening to music, and eating cookies," I point to the empty napkin on my bed.

He smiled. "Eating normal food. That's good."

"Yeah sure," I rubbed my eyes. "For the first time in forever, I'm actually sleepy."

"You did have a crazy day," He stood up. "I'll tuck you in."

I stood up, and walked over to my bed. Jacob put the cover over me, and tucked me in. My hands were on the top of the cover. He smiled. "You good?"

"Yeah," I said. He nodded, and started walking towards my window, but I stopped him. "Jake, can you please stay?"

He looked towards me. "I don't think your dad will like the sight of me sleeping in your room. Plus, with my snoring, they'll hear me automatically."

"Not if they're busy," And as soon as I finished my statement, there was automatically a moan from my parent's room. Jacob cringed. "Are they always that loud?"

I nod, and he frowns. "Sorry about that, Ness."

"It's fine," I point to the rocking chair in my room. "Plus, let my dad see you. We're best friends, for Pete's sake. You can sleep in there, if you want."

"I'll sleep on the floor, instead," Jacob laid down on the ground beside me, and looks up at me with a smile. "Perfect."

I laughed with my bell-tone voice, and went to sleep.
***
That night, I dreamt a very peculiar dream. Jacob was in it, like every night. I didn't understand it. This one was a little crazy, though. I was on the reservation with Quil's imprintee, Claire, at the beach. My parents were nowhere to be seen. Jacob and Quil were watching us from the sand, and Seth was playing with us.

I looked down at myself. I was fully grown. My hair was past my bottom, and I was pretty tall. I also looked amazingly beautiful, maybe even attractive. I tried to see my face, but of course that didn't go so well.

Jacob was smirking at me, but in a different way than normal. I frowned. We're we a couple? I also noticed that he looked hot, to my dream self. I tapped Claire's shoulder. She looked about thirteen at the time. "Yeah, Nessie?"

"Why is Jacob staring at me like that?" My voice was as high as my mom's.

"He kind of has a right to stare at his girlfriend like that. I mean are you really clueless to that fact?" She looked at me like I was delusional.

"My boyfriend?"

"Yeah, for a while actually. You sure you don't remember?"

Not one year old me, but my dream self does. There's a certain pulling towards Jake, that I've never felt before. He starts walking toward me. I act normal, almost as normal as my was acting that first time she saw Grandpa Charlie, after she turned to a vampire. I was by the water's edge, my sun dress blowing in the wind.

Jacob came up to me, and placed his lips on mine...
***
I woke up suddenly. I looked down at Jacob, to find him sleeping soundly. I also heard some moans, signaling my parents were still "busy". That dream was interesting. Will that actually happen, and am I willing to for it to?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Sup, peeps. Already have 29 reads, which is exciting. This concludes Chapter 2 of Crossbreed. Is it getting juicy or not? Comment and let me know. I'll try to get you guys another chapter soon, but I'm in the process of school, so bare with me, pot favor. Adios!✌🏾️