Chapter Forty-Two

Lafayette found her locker number and placed her backpack on the hook placed on the outside of it. "Hey!" A boy said, walking up beside her and placing his book bag in the locker beside hers. He had some sort of accent and Lafayette finds it really cute."H-hey." Lafayette stuttered, tucking a stray hair behind her ear. "I'm Calix!"

The boy said with a big smile, a lot of smile lines showing. "And I'm Caiden!" Another boy said with the same smile. "We are twins, what's your name?" They both asked cheerfully in sync. "M-my name is Lafayette." She giggled out of her. "Lemme guess, you're new here?" One twin asked. "Yes I am," Lafayette answered softly.

"Well cool!" The other said. "How do I tell you two apart?" Lafayette asked, her voice hushed. "I have a slightly sharper jawline!" One answered. "And my eyes are more green!" The other said. "You just gotta look for the smallest details!" The same twin continued. Lafayette giggled at them as they pointed out the small details to tell them apart

"So where'd you go to school before?" Calix asked. "I was kinda homeschooled. I was adopted a couple months ago." Lafayette responded shyly. The twins looked at her with surprise. "Oh...really? What's it like if you don't mind me asking?" Caiden asked. "Oh, it's fine. It was tough, but I got through it. I'm very lucky to have the family I have now." Lafayette told them. "Well! Know you have friends!" Caiden cheered, making Lafayette giggle. "Yep, I think we will be good friends," Lafayette told them.

Lafayette sat with the twin boys in the Gym, up in the top seats in the back. Cheerleaders in their outfits huddled in the front. "I really recommend staying away from the Eight grade cheerleaders. Or just the cheerleaders in general." Calix told Lafayette. "They are the worst. All are gossip girls and drama queens. But only a few are nice." Caiden added.

"That's nice to know," Lafayette said, looking over at them. Soon, the three heard a couple giggles and turned their heads over in the direction they heard it in. A couple girls were surrounding a bulky and handsome looking guy. "Who's that dude?" Lafayette soon asked the twins.

"That's Brendon Hughes. One of the most popular and hottest guys in school. He is the linebacker of the varsity football team and catcher on the varsity baseball team. All the girls want him. He is just a sophomore though and even junior and senior girls want the guys!" Caiden answered.

"He's actually a pretty nice and well-liked guy. No one should complain about him, not even the teachers! For one, he is a straight-A student! Two, he is a talented musician! And finally, he has talent in sports." Calix said. Lafayette made eye contact with Brendon and he smiled and winked at her. "And it looks like he likes you!" Calix laughed. "But he is kinda a player and flirty so you better watch it," Caiden smirked. Brenden walked over to the three and he was taller than Lafayette thought.

(I need some feedback on how my writing is going and how you guys are liking the school. I don't want 'This is so good!' Or even 'I want more!'. What I need is what I'm doing well and what I need to do better that will keep y'all more interested. I remember getting a comment on Lafayette's scars on her wrists and I promise, I'll get to that. I need positive and even negative feedback. Thank you and love you beans! Live long and prosper!
Ps, thank you for over 8k reads! Thank you so much!)