Chapter Thirty-Five

(Misha is 43, oh my chuck!)

Lafayette had been secretly working on a birthday present for Misha for about a week. She feels like he'll like it a lot and Lafayette is pretty proud of it. It's a poster board full of amazing Misha stuff on it that she has been hiding in her closet and she has been trying hard to keep him away from that side of her room. It's after dinner and her mom told her to go and get it. Lafayette rushed to her room and gently pulled it out of her closet. She toke a deep breathe and went back out of her room.

Coming back into the living room, holding the board behind her, Lafayette shyly came near Misha ."H-Hey dad?" Lafayette stuttered. "Yes?" Misha looked at Lafayette as she came in, soon giving her a weird look because of the poster board behind her back.

"What is that?" Misha asked. "U-Um, it's your birthday present from me." Lafayette answered quietly. Misha stood up from his chair with a smile and Lafayette gave him the poster board. Pictures of him and the family scattered across the board and letters scattering across the top of the board saying 'Happy Birthday you big dork!'. He looked at it, his smile only getting bigger as he came across a note.

'Dear Dad,
   I love you so much. I feel so lucky to have a dad like you who would always help me and be there for me. Your so much fun and I could imagine feeling better after the orphanage. I couldn't have felt so good without having you there with me as I have flashbacks.
   I never had a father till you came along and adopted me. I never knew what it felt like to have a father or even a family in so long. You are my dad, you are my hero, you are my angel of the lord(loserville) and I love you. You helped me so much and get over things.
   I never realized what it was like have a father till you comforted me for the first time. Your a man of many things and most importantly, you are the man who is my inspiration and hero. Your a hero to many young people and a hero to all. Thank you so much and happy birthday you big dorky 43 year old man child. I will always be your kitty!
I love you dad, Kitten'

Misha looked at Lafayette with soft eyes as he placed the board down on a chair. "D-do you like it?" Lafayette asked Misha. "No." Misha told her and hugged her really close to him. "I love it and I love you." Misha spun Lafayette around gently in his arms, making her giggle a little.

"I never knew I was your hero." Misha said softly. "It's about time you should know." Lafayette whispered to him. "I'll always be here for you Kitten, always. I'll be a better dad." Misha said. "There's no need to be a better dad, you are already the best." Lafayette told him. "I know I am." Misha smirked. "Your a dork, you know that?" Lafayette giggled. "Your a sweetheart, you know that?"