Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

I don't know how long I was on that altar, but Rosalie came back, releasing me. She threw me into the cage. I felt my leg snap and I whimpered. "Oh, did I hurt you? Are you going to have me arrested? Or steal all my money? Bitch, because of you, I lost my shop!"

"You lost your shop on your own, Rosalie," I snapped. She growled, raising her hand and making the bars vibrate, which caused the agony to radiate all through my body. I kept my face impassive though I felt like I was being burned alive. I rolled onto my side, trying to ignore the pain, the scalding feeling all over my skin.

Time held no importance while I was in that disgusting place. I was either in the cage or bound to the rock altar where Riley tried to force me to see things I didn't want to see. I was exhausted, sore, and hungry. I hadn't eaten since lunch at school. But, my mantra was that I loved Edward and that I wasn't giving up. I couldn't.

I have too much to live for.

Edward ... I love you. I'm not giving up. I love you. I love you.

Emmett came to get me the next time I was to spend time on the rock altar. His eyes were blue. "I warned them, Bella. I told them." He picked me up, gently and held me close. "You need to hold out for another day."

"I'm so tired, Emmett," I whispered.

"I know. I know, Bella," he said. Growling, his eyes blackened and he put me onto the rock altar. The bindings were attached to my arms, legs and now slithered across my midsection. Another tendril of energy slapped across my forehead, too. I screamed. Emmett looked down, his eyes so unbelievably sad. "I want to take you out of here, Bella. I do."

"Then, do it!" I screamed. The pain was brutal. I felt like my head was going to explode. But, Emmett's eyes blackened and he disappeared. Riley came in, his face pinched and angry. He didn't even start his torture with our usual banter. He placed his hand on my head, forcing the thoughts into my mind, but they were darker, scarier and brutal. He showed me pictures of fallen angels, wings torn from their bodies and their insides falling from gaping wounds in their torsos. With a grunt, Riley showed me Edward.

His green eyes were dull, fading to be completely white. His face was a mask of terror and there were huge wounds at his back, showing where his wings once were. What was disgusting was that he was pinned upright with a spike and an arrow shot through his heart. He was gone. Dead.

"That's your future, Isabella. Your precious Edward and your family decimated," Riley growled. "Give in, Isabella. Let the darkness take over. Your Edward will live, as will everyone who will perish in that battle."

The electricity around my head tightened and I screamed out, tears falling down my cheeks. I feared that I was giving over, but the pain increased. I arched off the altar, but was tethered to it by the binding across my stomach. "NOOOOOO!"

"COME TO ME, ISABELLA," Riley screamed, his hands almost crushing my head.

I shook my head and my howl was otherworldly. His hands fell from me and I felt my head throb. I looked over, seeing Riley on his ass, glaring at me. He made a move to get to me, but he was shoved away and as I drifted, I heard Emmett's voice saying that he was never going to give in and that neither was I.

xx OOTD xx

When I woke up, I was in my cage. I rolled over and I saw Emmett. Or rather, Emmett's body. He was staring sightlessly at me, his head snapped almost clear off his body. "Emmett," I sobbed. "I'm so sorry."

"I never should have trusted him," Riley said, crouching in front of my cage. "Well, it doesn't matter now. Times up, Isabella. You have a choice. Either you come with me willingly or that future I showed you comes to fruition."