Chapter Eight

Disclaimer: None of this is mine, nor will it ever be (sigh). I like to play with the characters that Stephenie Meyers created and make them do pervy things or become angels with a bad attitude.

So, Bella is Edward's mate. What does that mean for her? What does that mean for Edward? Now, all will be revealed, eventually. Up next will be Bella and her dealing with a very awkward, surly guardian angel, but something will bring them together. Whatever will that be?

Chapter Eight

BPOV

I woke up, my head was pounding and my arm aching, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I looked around, seeing that I was in the same room when I woke up after my attack. The same chocolate lab was curled up next to me. His tail was thumping on the bed. "Hey pooch," I said, scrubbing behind his ears. I got up and stumbled to the bathroom. I was dressed in a pair of pajamas, my own pajamas. Clumsily, I peed and tied my hair into a messy ponytail. When I walked back into the room, Edward was sitting on the bed with some breakfast on a tray. "How long was I asleep?"

"It's a little after noon," Edward replied, shifting uncomfortably on the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Dizzy and a little woozy," I murmured. He shot up, helping me back to the bed. "Thanks. How did I get here?"

"I drove us," Edward answered, covering me with a blanket. "With Riley roaming around Port Angeles, I wanted to get you out of there. I hope you don't mind."

"Being here? No. You changing me? Yes," I said, arching a brow.

"Would you believe me if I told you that you changed yourself?" he asked, his ears turning pink. I shook my head. "Covered my eyes?"

"You're a guy, Edward. I'm not wearing a bra," I deadpanned.

"I didn't look. Honest," he breathed, tugging on his hair. "Are you hungry?"

"A little, but I'm afraid that my stomach will revolt. My belly is unsettled from the medications from last night," I said.

"Eat what you can, pretty Bella," he said, looking up at me expectantly. I arched a brow. "I swear that I didn't look. I just know that you were covered in coffee grounds and smelled like a hospital."

"It's okay, Edward. I'm just ..." I blushed. I was ashamed of my body. I was covered with scars and reminders of my harsh childhood. "This smells good."

"Thank you," he said. "Do you want coffee, tea, milk?"

"Tea or milk," I answered. "Probably milk because of my arm."

"I'll be back," Edward smiled crookedly. I picked up the fork and tucked into the most delicious meal I'd eaten. Ever. Memories of his great cooking came to my thoughts, of the last time I had woken up in Edward's home. Edward came back with a tall glass of milk and cup of something steaming. "I made both. This tea is supposedly soothing for the soul. A friend of mine bought it for me."

"Do you need soothing?" I quipped.

"Sometimes," he chuckled. "How's the food?"

"Amazing," I smiled. "You're a great cook."

"Thank you," he replied. "Eat up. You need your strength so you can heal quickly."

"I can't eat all of this," I said.

"Whatever you don't finish, I'll devour," he laughed, but sobering quickly. "Look, Bella, I know you don't know me very well, but I am so hesitant to have you stay in that apartment. With Riley ... he could show up at any point and you're not protected in that apartment ... there's no security and ..."