Chapter 17

Connor's POV

---One month later---

It's been a month since Avril and Elliot's parents "visited" us and they kept their promise. That's right, they're suing us. How am I gonna break it to them? I promised myself to be their protector, their savior. I took a deep breath and knocked on their door. It opened to see Avril with Elliot hanging on her back. "Can I talk to you guys for a minute?" I asked. "Uh sure." Avril said clearly worried. We all sat down on their bed. "Remember when your parents came here to take you back and they said they would "see us in court"? Well... they're suing us." I said as terrified looks swept across their faces. "W-what's gonna happen us?" Elliot stuttered. "I don't know, but just know that we'll do everything to keep you with us." I said pulling them into a hug. "I love you." Avril said. "Me too." Elliot said. "I love you guys more than anything." I said.

Elliot's POV

---Two weeks later---

So today we are going to court to see who gets custody of us. My heart is beating out of my chest, Avril looks like she's about to cry and we haven't even gotten there. I put on a white lace dress (even though I despise dresses) with a green ribbon across the stomach. Avril's wearing the same thing but her dress is black with a white ribbon. I sat on a chair in front of the mirror as Avril braided my hair. I stared at my lap until Avril said, "You look beautiful!" "Thanks. I wish I looked liked you." I said in a quiet voice. "No, I wish I looked like you, Elli." she said as she positioned my hair and smiled. She stood up and reached he hand out. "Let's go downstairs." she said as I grabbed her hand. We walked downstairs hand in hand as I stared down at the floor. We walked over to the couch and I sat on Connor's lap. He wrapped his arms around me and said, "You two look gorgeous!" I laid back resting my head on his shoulder. I felt that his heart was beating really fast too. There was an awkward silence until Jc said, "Well, we better get going." We all stood up and walked to the car.

During the car ride I slightly cried to myself. Luckily, no one noticed. When we got there I looked in the mirror just to check that I didn't look like I was crying before getting out of the car and walking into a large building. I saw my parents sitting in a little booth. The judge asked me a bunch of questions like who lived with me and stuff like that. After about an hour the judge finally said,

"Avril and Elliot go into the custody of... their original parents."