Chapter 7

-Elena's POV-

I stood up, furious. Why would he do that? I thought I could trust him but he is nothing but a selfish prick. He looked at me confused. "What's wrong Elena?" he ran his hand through his hair.

"What's wrong you ask? You are nothing but a selfish hybrid!" I yelled and ran away from him. It's sucks, I didn't expect it to hurt this much yet it does. I thought I had no feelings for him. Yet here I am, holding my tears back and trying to hide all my emotions for him.

"Elena! Wait!" he tried to follow me, gladly I was faster than him. We ran for what seemed to be forever and in no time, I lost track of him. I was happy that despite that, J didn't get a single headache and deep down, K hope that even for the tiniest bit, he cared about me.

I stopped, looking around and spotting a man staring right at me. Judging by his smell, he's a werewolf. "Ummm... Hello.." I waved at him while covering my body and it took him a few seconds before he understood the reason why I was running around undressed.

He sighed ,removing his shirt and throwing it at me. "I'm guessing you're a hybrid in distress. He smirked as I put on his shirt before nodding at him.

"How'd you know?" he placed a hand on his hip and the other one on his head.

"Well, there hasn't been a full moon in a while and your scent says you're a werewolf. Not a crazy nudist in the woods." My scent says all that out me? 

"If you are running away from someone, cover your tracks". He said, reaching for a cologne bottle on his backpack and throwing it to me. Is everyone always this nice? I sprayed the cologne around the place and followed him to his place. I don't wanna go back to Klaus, so I'm staying with him for a while. He can't kill me that easily, I hope.

If he lets me that is. "If you are a hybrid, you must know Klaus" he opened the house door for me. The man lives on a mansion in the middle of nowhere.... not weird at all.

"Yeah, how do you know him?" I looked around the place as he went to another room.

"Faith brought me to him. Not in a good way tho. He killed my entire pack just for disobeying him. You are one of the few hybrids that survived Klaus' big hybrid hunt I'm guessing," he said. Handing me an oversized Nirvana hoodie. I have no need to tell people about my real situation.

"Thanks. But why? Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Dunno. Somehow I just felt like I had to" he said staring straight at me. I smiled at him and sat on a near couch. Slowly, staring at my hands asleep to avoid any awkward eye contact. I fell asleep.

I woke up in a dark room under nice and soft covers. "Where am I?..." I sighed standing up to realize all of it wasn't just some weird dream. I walked out of the room and saw the man from earlier drinking coffee by the kitchen counter.

"Nice to see you're awake. Hungry?" I shook my head no.

I walked over to him and say down in the seat in front of him. Leaning my head against my hand, I looked at him "Do you know what it's like to be mated to a selfish person?" his eyes widened.

"I've never met my mate" he took another sip. His dark hair slid down from its upward hairstyle. He is kind of good looking. I smiled at him and crossed my arms.

"I need to get back home, I can hide there" I said and he nodded, agreeing with what I said.

"Mind if I walk you home?" he's so sweet if he was my mate I'd probably be living a happier life. "It's dark outside."