Chapter 3

-Elena's POV-

Elijah cleared his throat and started speaking "There is nothing clinically wrong with either of you" we remained quiet and waited for him to explain. "You guys are mates."

I glanced at Klaus who didn't seem surprised at all. On the other hand, I had no clue as to what was going on. What does 'mates' even mean? I stared at both of them really confused. "Mates?" I looked up at both of them.

"Oh, right" Elijah exclaimed and Klaus stared at me, unamused. "A mate is a fated pair. Between wolves, they're born to be with one another," he explained and I looked at Klaus with a weirded out face.

"Us?" I pointed fingers back and forth between Klaus and me. "Is that possible?" I asked Elijah and Klaus both.

"Well, apparently it is" he crossed his arms with the classic Mikaelson smirk plastered on his face.

"Ugh... I should've just died back then. My life would be so much simpler if f I were dead..." I walked out of the mansion, surprisingly the headache wasn't there this time and just then I felt surrounded, around 20 people looking at me from afar.

I acted to not know and walked over to an empty place while acting to be on my phone. Once no one was around I put my phone away. "How about you fellas come out and play?" I asked, facing the wall.

Their footsteps approached me. 18 people showed up in front of me. I crossed my arms and glared at them. I could smell 2 people from a corner. "How may I be of service to you guys?" I smirked and waited for one of them to speak.

"You... will serve us as bait" the toughest looking one looked at me and smiled wickedly.

"Go ahead and try" I put my hands up and closed my eyes. One of them approached me at a normal speed, his eyes turned black and veiny.

"Vampires, huh" but there was a certain other smell. "Vampires and werewolves working together? Can't wait to see what happens next!!! This is so exciting, right?" I joked which seemed to have pissed them off.

A vampire ran up to me and I quickly cracked his neck. The rest started to approach me as fast as they could. Which didn't seem very fast. One after another, I cracked the vampire's necks and the werewolves seemed to not want to approach me.

My eyes glowed a golden yellow and I smirked at them. "7 vampires down, 11 wolves to go". The wolves approached me and I ripped their hearts off all 11 of them with ease.

As soon as I was about to approach the other two in hiding, the smell of someone in specific. "Klaus, why are you here?" I asked and saw him wipe his bloody hands off his pants and walked over to me.

"Well, you're a mess, Love"

"...shut up" I glared at him and wiped the blood off my skirt.

"Mind giving me a ride back? I walked on the way here." I asked him. He chuckled and walked with me to his car.

"Anything for my lovely mate" he joked.

"Just don't call me that" I got in his car, carefully trying not to place blood anywhere.

"So what do you plan on doing now? Get kidnapped? Or that's a plan for later?" he asked me while driving.