Chapter 2

-Klaus' POV-

Elena cried and screamed in pain. She arched her back and clenched her hand against the stairs. Caroline had managed to get her to the cage with my help without being so strict. Elena's screams of pain caused me to want to rush to her and make her feel better in any way possible. 

It's all because of those weird dreams I've been having about her. Being locked in the same cage as her by Caroline who was too scared to be in the same place as she was didn't worry me much. Seeing her in pain somehow bothered me more. 

"Love, you're gonna have to listen to me. Let your muscles loose. Fighting the pain won't help." I don't know why it is that I'm helping her, it's all out of instinct. She jacket and got on fours while letting all the pain of her bones breaking take over her. This time, she contained the screams and grunted and growled in pain.

She sighed and laid on the floor. "It's been two hours when is it going to be over?" She stood up on her two feet, she removed her boots and one of her bones slightly cracked and she winced. 

"Gilbert, what are you doing?" I wrapped my hands around the iron bars. Feeling a bit concerned for her now. Is she insane? What is she thinking? 

She took a deep breath, not opening her eyes. "I'm trying to speed this up, it's possible, right? I mean, I'm a hybrid which means I can shift at will. Worth a shot..." her brack cracked back in less than a second which seemed to have hurt her more than the others. "FUck-" she gasped and I could see her body shift into the very same white wolf I saw in my dreams before. I've never seen someone have such control over their bodies when shifting for the first time. Amazing...

In her wolf form, her usual caring eyes stared at me coldly. "Easy Love..." I put my hand out, backing away from a growling white-furred wolf. Her eyes went from empty and cold back to their soft and caring notion. If she bit me, I can always run away. She walked up to me and sniffed me. I knelt down in front of her and she licked my nose. It didn't really bother me. I chuckled and patted her head. My hands brushed her soft fur as she closed her eyes and leaned into my touch. 

I didn't know what was going through my head. But her presence was soothing. Something was different from the last time I saw her. Apart from the fact of being a hybrid now. 

"Well Love, the great news is you're a hybrid which means you can shift at will, full moon or not. So come on, we have to go figure this mess out." I smiled and stood up. She softly growled and for some reason, I understood what she wanted to say. "Fine, fine" I turned around and could hear her turn back to normal. "Done?"

"Yeah, you can turn around," she said and once I turned around, she was adjusting her dress. Giving me a five-second view of her ass. She sighed in relief and turned to me. Waiting for me to unlock the cell, she stretched around. Some of her bones cracking back into place. "Glad I won't have to do that again," she sighed. Putting her jacket back on.

I stood there beside her. Something seemed... Different about her. Really different. Staring at me, she broke the silence. "Are you going to unlock this? Or will you stare at me?" Her facial expression was neutral.

I smirked and swung the keys around in my finger. "You look good locked in here, like a good little pup. What if I were to leave you in here?" She glared at me and grabbed the chains. Breaking them with a simple pull which seemed to surprise her too.

"Seems I don't need you as much as you thought I did." She smiled. "I'll go look for Caroline... Uh... Thanks..?" She vamp sped out of the room. A terrible headache hitting me seconds later.