Chapter 1

-Elena's POV-

I looked down at the body that laid dead on the ground in front of me. My hands stained with the red blood, the sweet taste remained on my lips. How could I have been so careless? So irrational? I just killed someone. An innocent person who probably has people who love him and are waiting for him to get back home. I knelt down in front of it while trying to blink my many tears away. But it was of no use. I cried loudly, my vision blurred by the many tears. How could I be such a monster as to take someone's life away?

"Elena?" a voice I recognized called out. "There you are, we've been looking for you..." I turned to look at Damon, he sighed and looked down at the body. "Listen, it's all going to be ok. Everything will be just fine." His voice was soft and kind in a tone in which you'd barely hear him speak with.

"How can it be just fine?! I've just killed someone, I'm a monster!" I cried and covered my eyes. Blood spreading on my face. He crouched in front of me. His piercing eyes staring right at mine.

"Elena Gilbert. You'll be alright. You'll get through this as you've gotten through everything else. You're a fighter and you'll get through this." He wiped away my tears mixed with the blood and smiled at me. I forced a smile back and nodded at him. "Now you'll go home and take a nice, warm bath. I'll take care of all of this." He massaged my shoulders and I glanced at the dead body one last time before nodding at him and vamp speeding away to my house.

When I arrived there, I tried to take my mind off it. I took a bath and managed to calm my nerves down. When getting rid of all the blood, I walked out and put my pajama shorts with a tank top.

I looked around my room, the wind blowing caught my attention and I closed the window to keep the wind out along with any surprise visitors. I laid on my bed and drifted off to sleep while hugging one of my many pillows. I can remember every second of the dream I had that night.

Two wolves stared at one another, no sound no actions. They just stood there in front of one another. Looking at them reminded me of the yin-yang, one was black with blue piercing eyes and the other one in front of him had the whitest fur and its eyes were brown and slightly golden. They both began playing and when one jumped on top of the other, the setting shifted to a place I knew very well.

All the doors seemed locked and dark. One of the many doors was opened and seemed to be shining the brightest out of all of them. I carefully walked inside the room to see Klaus Mikaelson sleeping peacefully. Why was I suddenly dreaming about him?

He is the last person I ever wanted to be dreaming about. Dreaming about him could be more like a nightmare for me than a normal dream. Yet somehow he gave off a calm, soothing, relaxing, and welcoming atmosphere which made me want to remain by his side.

I don't know what lead me to do what I did, but I walked forward and caressed his face. Something seemed... different about him. While he slept, he didn't seem like the monster he was perceived to be. He looked calm, not worried about anything. He looked happy.

The door opened and I saw someone that looked like... me? I jumped into the bed in only an oversized t-shirt. Wrapping my arms around him, I seemed to kiss his cheek and he blinked his eyes open.

"Elena."

Someone called my name, softly then softly it became louder. I opened my eyes wide in surprise and looked around to see the Salvatore brothers looking down at me. "What's the matter? Did something happen?" I softly rubbed my eyes and sat up looking at them.