Chapter Fourteen

1 WEEK LATER

EMILY

"So I get to spend the whole day with Felix and Marzia daddy?"

Sean nods, "they'll be here in ten minutes so put on your coat and shoes."

I run out of the living room excited for my day out, it felt like forever since I got to see the two of them. Behind me dad laughs, I did get excited rather easily.

Someone knocks on the front door just as I finish putting my boots on. But before I can answer the door dad appears and gets there before me. Felix and Marzia stand smiling on the other side.

"Marzia! Felix!" I squeal and run towards the couple.

Marzia crouches down and I run into her open arms hugging her tightly, it would be nice being around a girl for a change.

"You get bigger every day Emily. Stop growing."

"Hey, kiddo."

Marzia scoops me up and Felix ruffles my hair knowing it annoyed me, just like daddy got annoyed whenever someone messed up his hair.

"Not the hair Felix, it will be your own funeral."

SEAN

I didn't want to freak Emily out but I'd been hearing disturbing rumours and I needed to see if Felix was aware.

"Felix, can I have a quick word?"

Felix nods, leaving Marzia and Emily to talk about random nonsense.

"What's wrong my Irish potato?"

"Did you hear what happened to Zoe and Alfie last week?"

Felix sighs loudly, it looked like news got around fast about the robbery in broad daylight at their new house. Alfie wasn't home but Zoe was when two masked robbers broke in and demanded money, and when Zoe refused they hit her and stole valuable items.

It was the new craze for criminals, targeting youtubers who seemed to have wealth and popularity. Dan and Phil had been mugged in London a month ago and it had the YouTube community on edge.

"No one would be stupid enough to make a move when we're in public Sean. Marzia and I will keep an extra eye on Emily and us. Just worry about getting your work done on time."

"I guess I'm just playing the overprotective parent card, Felix. I do trust you two with Emily, I just don't want anything bad to happen because Emily's been through enough."

Felix pats me on the shoulder putting me at ease. Maybe I was just overreacting.

"See you later daddy."

"Have fun, Emily."

Emily waves in my direction before Marzia carries her out of the front door followed by Felix.

~Time Skip~

EMILY

"This ice cream is really good, why is it so good?"

I swing my legs on the bench Marzia and I were sitting on eating ice cream while Felix walked the dogs up and down the boardwalk.

Marzia laughs, "Because it's some of Brighton's finest Emily. Here you have some around your mouth."

She pulls out a tissue and wipes the chocolate ice cream from around my mouth. I finish my cone and we get up to put the tissue in a nearby bin. We'd pretty much spent the day walking around cute little boutique shops and being silly when Felix vlogged.

"GIRLS! WATCH OUT!"

I glance towards Felix who shouts at us and begins running towards us. Why was he shouting?