Chapter Eleven

2 DAYS LATER

SEAN

Emily and Mark were acting oddly ever since after the panel I did with Mark, Wade and Bob. They were being very secretive, and wouldn't tell me anything whenever I asked. I tried to corner Emily but she said it would all work out in the end, where as Mark was more of a bad liar. This made staying at Mark's awkward at times.

Today Emily wanted to go to the beach because she wanted to see how different they were to English beaches. It would be a nice day out and maybe I could get to the bottom of all their secret behaviour.

"I'm ready daddy."

Emily bounces up to me wearing a light summer dress Marzia had bought her before our trip.

"Yeah come on daddy, we want to go to the beach already."

Mark pouts before scooping up Emily. A shiver runs down my spine when he calls me daddy, even if he was just impersonating Emily.

"Fine, let's go."

I grab the beach bag and get up from the sofa. Mark and Emily cheer before running out of the house, it looked like I'd be looking after two kids today.

~Beach~

"You beat me, Emily, I'll get the ice cream."

Mark jogs up the beach, having lost a sandcastle rematch against Emily. I pat the towel next to me and Emily plops down.

"I really liked today daddy. I love Mark."

"I like hanging out with Mark to Emily. Do you think you can tell me the secret you and Mark have been keeping from me?"

Emily strokes her chin, "maybe but then it no longer a secret daddy."

I stretch my arms above my head, "is the secret about me?"

Emily nods, "yes."

Okay, so I was getting somewhere.

"Is this secret about me and someone else Emily?"

She looks up at me and blushes slightly, "yes."

"If I feel the same way wouldn't me knowing make things easier."

Emily looks around seeing if we were alone before crawling up close to me with wide eyes.

"I heard Mark, Wade and Bob talking about Mark having feelings for you but he doesn't think you like him back so hasn't tried anything."

This was a lot to take in, so Mark did like me. I just always assumed he was straight and flirted with me for fun and because the fans shipped us together. Septiplier was a pretty big online ship. Suddenly all the little moments we'd shared over the years made sense, and Mark's eagerness to help me and Emily get our dream house by acting like a couple.

"Do you like Mark daddy?"

"I think I do Emily, but can you keep this secret from Mark?"

She makes a zip motion across her lips, "your secrets safe with me daddy."

I laugh as she throws herself at me and hugs me tightly.

"I bought ice cream."

"Yay, ice cream. Thank you, Mark."

Emily detaches herself from me and Mark hands her a strawberry ice cream cone which she sits down and starts to ravish. Mark hands me a chocolate ice cream while licking his own cookie dough cone.

"Thanks for the ice cream."

Mark chuckles, "I lose to your daughter and you get ice cream, Sean, I don't think that's very fair."

I snort, "After the last sandcastle debacle that saw me lose when the two of you paired up, I took Emily back to the beach and turned her into a sandcastle making pro so yes I do deserve ice cream."

The three of us eat our ice cream in comfortable silence, the sun starting to set over the sea. We'd been out here all day playing and relaxing without having to worry about YouTube or the outside world. I try my best to subtly stare at Mark now I knew he had real feelings for me, I had to find a way to tell him I felt the same.