Chapter Six

SEAN

Mark kept reassuring me as we headed to the house viewing that Wade and Bob would be okay looking after Emily. He feared more for Wade and Bob because Emily had an unpredictable and mischievous streak. He also had to reassure me that what we were doing was okay, what if Rose saw through our facade and kicked us out of the house? I just liked a good worry.

"Calm down Sean everything will go smoothly. I'm pretty sure we can fake be a couple, sign on the dotted line, and then go through a messy breakup. Though if we were a couple I'm pretty sure we wouldn't break up because Septiplier is perfect."

I chuckle, "You know how to cheer me up, Mark."

MARK

"You know how to cheer me up, Mark."

I chuckle and nervously scratch the back of my head. I was a good friend like that, but I wanted to be more than just friends with the loud Irishman stood next to me. When Sean said the estate agent was only accepting couple viewings I jumped at the chance but had to act like Septiplier was only a joke. Then Bob came and nearly let out my secret. Yes, Wade and Bob both knew about my secret crush.

SEAN

Knocking on the front door, it opens swiftly revealing a happy Rose.

"Good you could make it Sean, and this must be your partner. Hi, I'm Rose."

"I'm Mark, this is a very nice house."

The two shake hands and Mark was already putting on his charm making Rose a little hot under the collar. I didn't like the way her hungry eyes stared at him, but she had to think the two of us were a gay couple. I couldn't get jealous; Mark was as straight as they came.

"Your husband has good taste Mark, this property is ideal to raise a family. How old is your little girl?"

"Our little Emily's four, though we're not looking forward to her turning five and having to go to school next year."

Mark deserved an Oscar for his acting skills.

Rose awes, "you have to realise they'll grow up and fly the roost one day. But you both still have many years to make memories. This area will also get you a guaranteed spot in the local primary school if that helps influence your choice."

I perk up at the mention of a free spot in a school, they were hard to get into or so I heard on the internet unless you lived in the catchment area.

"That sounds very good indeed. See Mark this is why you leave the house hunting up to me."

Mark bows, "before we jump to any decisions I think I should see the place first."

He then takes me by surprise and slides his hand in mine. I try to act natural, this was a new sensation for me and I think I liked how his hand fit into mine.

"If you would like I can leave the two of you to explore, and I'll be just outside if you have any questions."

"Thank you, Rose."

Rose smiles at Mark before leaving us alone.

"Come on then darling show me the house and your plans."

Mark swings our hands, and I was taken aback that he didn't let go as soon as Rose was out of sight. I couldn't over analyse every little thing he did, this relationship was fake.

"Okay, we'll start downstairs before heading upstairs."

Reluctantly I release our hands and shuffle down the hallway before disappearing into the first door on the left; I'd seen enough of the floor plan to know my way around.

The living room was huge and even had a real fireplace, but that wasn't the best part it was open plan with the dining room to the right and then the kitchen just around the corner.

"Wow, this place is really nice Sean."

I find myself blushing at Mark's compliment, "is it too much? I want to make Emily a home I guess."

Mark shakes his head and closes the space between us, "so far it's perfect, kind of big for two people."

"Maybe one day there will be more than two people living here Mark. Now let me show you the best part of the house."

I had to get away from him, so I turn on my heels and walk towards the kitchen. He was confusing me today, little things he did tell me one thing but then the next second he covered them up.

This house had a reasonably sized garden, which I knew Emily would like because she said one day she wanted a swing set or climbing frame. Unlocking the double doors that lead out from the kitchen I saw the potential.

"How did you even find this place, Sean?"

I shrug my shoulders, "browsing the internet at an unreasonable time in the morning when I should have been sleeping like a normal person. Now let me show you the upstairs."

Shutting the double doors I side step around Mark who was getting a little too close for comfort.

The upstairs had a bathroom, a big enough room for Emily to grow into, a double room for me which came with an ensuite and a slightly smaller room which would be the perfect size for my recording suite.

"You've really thought this all through haven't you Sean?"

I nod, "I guess I have. I never thought I'd have to be this responsible and grown up."

"Don't pout, you're doing just fine and remember you did the right thing adopting Emily."

This time I don't move away when Mark closes the space between us and pulls me in for a comforting hug. He gave good hugs.

"Thanks for doing this for me Mark."

He laughs, sending vibrations across my body since he was still hugging me, "anytime you need me Sean just call and I'll be there for you or Emily. Now we should probably tell Rose we want the house."

He pulls away and I miss his warmth. Running my fingers through my hair I guess he was right.

"She better give us this damn house or there will be hell to pay."

"Maybe don't talk to her like that Sean. Be your charming self."

Mark nudges me before heading back downstairs. The sooner we got out of this house the sooner things could go back to normal. I needed to stop imagining playing happy families with Mark and Emily.

"So what did you two think?"

Rose directs the question at me as I take the last step, Mark standing just behind her shooting me two thumbs up.

"I think we'll take it."

"This is the best decision you could have made. I hope your family is happy here."

I glance at Mark and smile at what Rose had just said, "I think we'll be very happy here indeed."