Chapter Seven

EMILY

"Do you like my drawing Mark?"

I slide my drawing across the coffee table and Mark puts down the pens he too was using to draw before picking it up and smiling.

"You really captured my beauty, Emily."

"It's you, me and daddy when we went to the beach yesterday and made sand castles."

*FLASHBACK*

"Can we make sand castles daddy?"

dad nods before handing me a red bucket and matching spade which we'd bought from some shop along the boardwalk. Mark had a pink matching set and dad had a bright green one.

"Let's see who can make the best sandcastle."

Mark and I run down the beach leaving daddy on the boardwalk. I was going to make the best sandcastle anyone had ever seen.

~Ten Minutes Later~

My bucket was too heavy for me to tip over and when I glanced over at Mark next to me he was struggling to get the dry sand to wet sand ratio just right.

"Mark, do you want to pair up against daddy?"

Mark huffs and throws his bucket aside, "let's do this kid."

~Twenty Minutes Later~

"You two paired up against me, no fair."

Dad pouts, acting like a bigger child than me. While Mark picks me up and starts dancing around because we had made the best sandcastle so, therefore, beat dad fair and square since there were no rules about pairing up.

"WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!" Mark starts to chant.

Dad groans, "Oh shut up Mark!"

I giggle and clap my hands together, this was a very good day.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"I'll cherish this Emily and even put it on my fridge when I go back home."

I pout, "I don't want you to leave Mark, you need to stay here with me and daddy forever."

Mark opens his arms and I run into them, this was the best week of my life. I'd miss Wade and Bob just as much as Mark, but I felt a connection to Mark that I hadn't felt since meeting daddy.

"You'll be coming to America in two weeks Emily so daddy can be a part of my panel at PAX, so I'll see you then."

"Don't you love us?"

I bury my face into the crook of his neck and he rubs circles on my back, I wasn't going to cry but I was really upset he was leaving us so soon.

"I love you Emily, and I love your daddy more than he'll ever know."

SEAN

Keeping my back pressed to the wall just out of view of the living room I hear Emily getting upset at the fact Mark was leaving us, but then Mark tells her he loves her and then more than I'll ever know. What did that mean?

Putting those thoughts to the back of my mind I carry the tray containing two cups of coffee for me and Mark, and a glass of juice for Emily into the living room interrupting the sweet moment between the two of them.

"What do you want to do until you have to head back to the hotel to meet up with Wade and Bob?"

Mark shrugs his shoulders, "we could watch a film or something Sean."

Emily claps her hands together and climbs off Mark, she loved watching films. I kind of didn't want this trip to end, but like Mark told Emily we'd be coming out to America in a couple of weeks for PAX.