Chapter Eight

2 WEEKS LATER

SEAN

"Make sure to put panda and Sam in your backpack, Emily, because we're heading to the airport."

Emily skips out of the living room clutching her backpack in one hand while I stood with our luggage by the front door. She was wearing a Pewdiepie shirt, leggings with pandas on, grey boots and a grey beanie I bought her the other week because she wanted to look cool.

"Ready daddy."

Outside a taxi beeps indicating our ride is here. We wouldn't be back for a week since after PAX we'd be staying with Mark a few days. Picking up my suitcase and Emily's smaller one we head outside, ready to start our American adventure.

~Airport~

"Is the plane scary daddy?"

Looking up from my phone I see Emily with her face pressed against the window in the lounge where we were waiting to board our plane. She'd never left England so all this was new to her and it was understandable why she was scared.

"Not really, once you're in the air you can sleep or watch films until we land in America. But if you get nervous just know that I'll be by you the whole time."

Emily giggles before going back to watching the planes land and take off.

"You're really good, is she your daughter?"

An elderly woman who was sat opposite me grabs my attention; I didn't get many compliments about my parental skills so this made me very happy.

"Yes, she is her names Emily and I adopted her a few weeks ago. This is her first trip out of the country."

"I hope you two have a nice trip."

I smile and bow my head, she had just made my day.

~America~

"Welcome to America Emily. We need to get our luggage before going to find Mark."

Emily takes my hand and we walk through the crowded airport not wanting to get separated.

"Daddy I see our bags."

We get to the conveyors and Emily tugs my hand before pointing with her free hand to where our suitcases were the first ones out. Grabbing them Emily skips alongside me as we head towards the entrance where Mark said he'd be waiting to pick us up.

Emily squeals, "MARK!"

Next second Emily's running into the crowd and I have to pick up my pace to catch up to her. Luckily when the crowd parted I was relieved to see Emily being picked up by Mark.

"Emily, you can't just run off into a crowd, you had me worried."

Emily pouts, "But I saw Mark and I wanted to say hello daddy."

"Hello Emily, but your dad's right you can't just run off into crowds."

Emily sighs, "Sorry daddy I won't run off again."

I smile, "that's my girl now let's get to the hotel."

Emily snuggles into Mark so I guess he'd be carrying her leaving me with the bags.

"Did you hear anything about that house?"

I nod putting some enthusiasm behind it, "the owners should be out by the time we're back from America. But we'll need to buy more furniture and redecorate some of the rooms, so we probably won't be moving in anytime soon."

Mark looks deep in thought so I leave him to himself, Emily, on the other hand, was struggling to keep her eyes open since she didn't sleep on the plane.

"You can sleep Emily and we'll wake you up in a bit okay."

She yawns before closing her eyes and buries her face into the crook of Mark's neck snapping him out of his deep thoughts. He smiles warmly at Emily and ruffles her hair; he was so good to her and Emily loved him back.

"She's really attached to you, Mark."

Mark whispers, "I'll help keep an eye on her at PAX in case the crowds get too big."

"Thanks, Mark."

The three of us head out of the airport and into the car park where Mark's car was parked. I wanted to get to the hotel and rest before PAX officially started tomorrow.