Chapter Twelve

SEAN

I'd been up all night thinking about how to ask Mark out on a date, but after sitting around all day while Mark filmed in his office I decided the best way to admit my feelings were honestly. I'd already arranged with Wade and Bob if they'd be able to look after Emily if Mark and I went on a date, the two were ecstatic that Septiplier might just become real.

"Emily I'm just going to see Mark, stay here and continue colouring okay?"

"Yes, daddy."

Emily doesn't even look up from the sketchbook Mark had brought her to doodle in. Putting my now empty coffee mug down on the table I get up and head into the kitchen to make a mug for Mark since he'd been filming for a good few hours and probably needed a pick me up.

Knocking on his office door I wait until a muffled grunt comes from the other side indicating I could come in. Pushing open the door I enter and close it behind me just in case Emily got bored and wandered in.

"I thought you could use some coffee to keep you awake."

Mark smiles as I place the coffee on the desk our hand's inches from grazing each other.

"Thanks, Sean, sorry if I've been ignoring you and Emily."

I shake my head, "Emily's obsessed with that sketchbook and I've caught up on some work."

Mark picks up the coffee and takes a sip, "is there anything else Sean?"

I bow my head, feeling my cheeks start to blush in sheer embarrassment, not wanting to make eye contact with him because then I wouldn't be able to say these next two words.

"I know."

Mark tenses, "know what? You could know a lot of things."

I pluck the mug from his hands and put it back down on the desk, "I know your secret Mark."

Taking a deep breath I lean forwards, cup his chin and bring my lip down on his swiftly before I could talk myself out of what I was doing. I was kissing my best friend. I deepen the kiss when Mark doesn't show any signs of disgust or pulling away. Quite the opposite, Mark pulls me down onto his lap and starts to fight my tongue for dominance. I let him take control of the kiss.

After a few minutes, we both pull back from the most amazing kiss I'd ever had, our breathing heavy and hearts pounding against our chests.

"Well, I guess I know the feelings are mutual Sean."

Mark entwines our fingers together, this moment was cliché but so us.

"Emily didn't directly tell me, but she gave enough hints."

"Will you go on a date with me Sean?"

I chuckle, "I was actually going to ask you on a date, but yes Mark I will go on a date with you."

Mark cheers, "You've made my day Sean, how about tonight?"

"Wade and Bob are set to look after Emily."

"Then it's a date."

Mark leans forwards and pecks my cheek making my cheeks blush to an unnatural shade of red.

MARK

"Are you excited to go on a date with daddy?"

Emily jumps up and down on my bed as I put the final touches to my date look.

"I am Emily, how do I look?"

I spin around and Emily stops jumping on the bed.

"You look handsome Mark."

"Thank you, little lady. Now don't be too hard on Wade and Bob, they are precious snowflakes."

Emily giggles, "I'll try Mark, but they are easy targets."

She clambers off the bed and runs out of the room still giggling, now I felt bad for Wade and Bob and the hell Emily was going to release on her.

"Do you know why Emily won't stop giggling Mark?"

Sean pokes his head around my bedroom door his hair still damp from his shower.

"I told her to go easy on Wade and Bob."

Sean smiles, "I don't want to be here when the shit hits the fan."

"Then let's get the hell out of here."

~Carnival~

The date had been going almost too well, I didn't know where to take Sean on short notice but then I remembered the carnival and how much Sean loved them. He was like one big kid the second we got our wristbands.

"Hey, Mark, can we go on the ferris wheel?" Sean asks excitedly.

"Sure, I bet the view would be beautiful up there."

Sean blushes, "not as beautiful as you Mark."

"Ah you're too cute Sean,"

I pinch his cheeks and entwine our hands before dragging him towards the ferris wheel. We chat about random things as we join the rather long queue.

After a short while, we get into a car and the ride sets off, and I never once let Sean's hand go.

"Sean?" I say nervously, twiddling my fingers, something I did when I was nervous or anxious.

"Yes, Mark?" Sean replies, peering at me with curiosity and a certain sparkle in his eye as we slowly made our way to the top of the ride.

"I want to ask you something important."

"Okay, sure go on." His eyebrows furrow and I can see the gears turning inside his head.

"Uh, well. Sean will you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course I'll be your boyfriend Mark."

Sean throws his arms around my neck and smashes his lips down on mine just as our cart comes to a stop at the very top of the ride. I tangle my fingers in his fluffy green hair enjoying this moment, I'd wanted to admit my feelings for so long but was afraid Sean would laugh and turn me down, but now everything was slowly fitting into place.

SEAN

I couldn't believe Mark was now my boyfriend, some would say we were moving fast but we'd known each other for years. Mark unlocks the front door and like a gentleman motions for me to go in before him.

"How much hell do you think Emily but Wade and Bob through Sean?"

I shrug my shoulders, "it's hard to say, but they are big boys and can handle one small child."

Walking hand in hand into the living room we see Wade passed out on the sofa with Emily equally passed out lying almost on top of him. Bob walks out of the kitchen and his eyes immediately go to our hands.

"So are you two together like officially?"

Both Mark and I nod, Bob then goes over to the sofa and slowly wakes Wade up without disturbing Emily who could sleep through a storm.

Wade grumbles, "Why did you have to wake me up man?"

"Septiplier is real, hand holding and all."

The second Septiplier is mentioned Wade wakes up forgetting for a split second that Emily was resting on him. The four of us hold our breaths in case Emily woke up; she had two kinds of modes when woken up. You'd either get wide awake and full of energy Emily, or scary grumpy Emily who'll rip your head off.

"Wow, that kid can sleep through anything."

I couldn't agree more with Bob as Emily stirs before rolling over. Wade covers her with a blanket. Mark and I would break the news to her in the morning, though I was pretty sure she'd be happy for us.