His Arrival

The next morning I woke and saw my room fill with light, silhouettes of the trees danced behind my eyelids.

After last night's conversation with my brother I fell into a deep slumber with an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Putting my robe on an exiting my room I made my way to the kitchen, I may have grown up like royalty but I didn't like being treated like I was an invalid.

I greeted some maids that were working that morning

"Good morning ladies" Freya said with a smile

" Good morning miss" they all said in unison, gabbing a bowl fruit and exiting the kitchen to make my way to the dining hall.

I still could not shake the uneasiness that weighed in my mind; walking into the dinning hall I saw my uncle and brother were already present.

Sitting at the at the head of the table was my uncle and Elijah on his left they seemed to be discussing an important matter in hushed tones but quickly stopped as they saw I had taken a seat at the table.

Caution seared through Freya's veins as I sat on my uncle's right,

"Good morning, and what could be so secretive that we are discussing in hushed voices?" I said in sharp tone.

Her uncle that looked worse than normal opened his mouth to speak but was swiftly cut off by Elijah

"No matters that a lady should worry myself about".

"A lady? Since when have either of you treated or thought of me as a lady?" I asked with a questioning tone

"Well it's about high time you started acting like one" Her uncle rasped before going into a coughing fit.

Good I thought. "I see you're getting worse." I said to my uncle with a knowing tone.

Cough, Cough, Cough "perceptive aren't you"

Her uncle finally coughed out, rolling my eyes I placed my bowl of fruit down and reached for a slice of bacon that was placed in the centre of the table on a silver platter, chewing quietly I slumped in my chair as the table was silent.

"I am having some guests coming stay uncle, he and his army have said that they will offer us protection if we provide generous compensation.

They are from the far north and live in the highlands of Drakos and have agreed to venture the 5-day journey so that we can discuss his compensation and the protection he is offering.

They will stay in the west wing or camp on the land if they wish" Elijah said swiftly not leaving any room for question.

I sat up with sudden intrigue, a man and his whole highlander army? Big strong men I couldn't help but smile.

I had never been in the company of men other than my uncle and brother, but I have seen some of the men in the village and some of them are quite handsome, so I cant help but wonder what the men from Drakos will look like.

I have heard that they are tall, muscly, dark and mysterious.

Oh and there is the whole pillaging the villages thing but hey we all have flaws. Having to wait an entire week had better be worth the wait...

"what compensation are you going to provide them with brother?" I asked,

"That's no concern of yours" Elijah spat quickly.

I rolled my eyes and swiftly stood and the chair screeched along the stone floor.

"If you will excuse me" Freya said turning to leave