Drakos

In the days that passed we drew closer and closer to the city of Drakos with little to no contact with Ronan I was finally starting to feel normal I had made a... friend?

I'm not entirely sure I can trust anyone enough yet to call anyone friend but her name is Keeli (pronounced Key Lie) she had more than kept me sane explaining all of the customs of her people and their traditions

"There is a festival in just 2 full moons time where everyone in the village joins and there is a great feasts with dancing, it's the best part of the year all the warriors are there so there is much to look at."

With that she winked at me and laughed I laughed as well an actually genuine laugh. It's the most normal I have felt in the longest time.

By day break on the fifth day I set eyes on the sky line of the city of Drakos in all its glory, nothing like Nutrifell filled with clay sculpted houses and tall look out posts at every corner.

Leaning closer to Keeli I whispered

" So what's with tall dark and prone to human trafficking?"

Her eyes wide she shushed me

"You had better learn to bit your tongue when you're in public or you will end up losing it. Ronan has just been forced to be a leader early on in his life, I'm pretty sure he was 16 when his father passed and he had to take over the army, but that was after he had been captured and tortured at kilfer's reserve, it's an old army barrack that used to be about a days ride east of here."

She finally took a breath and me slowly trying it take everything she said in I realised

" Wait what do you mean used to be?"

Looking around cautiously and leaning closer to me

"As soon as he took over from his father he lead his most powerful soldiers, killed everyone and burnt the entire thing down."

As she took a breath

"I feel like that should surprise me but it doesn't."

I rolled my eyes just as she started again

"And then took his torturer drew and quartered him hanging his mutilated body from the gate that used to guard Kilfer's reserve."

Without realising we had stopped my mouth hung open not entirely sure how to respond

"Hurry up"

I heard a rough voice yell with a jump I looked forwards seeing Ronan sit proudly and stoic atop his stallion, with a raise of my eyebrows and looked sideways at Keeli but she was looking at the ground.

With the nudge of my heels my stallion walked on towards the man I had just learnt had mutilated someone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heyy so here is the new part the chapters from now on will be shorter so i can write more. thanks guyss xx

vote/comment xx