Breaking

Still being kept in the infirmary for "observation" in romans words, I started to feel claustrophobic and took it upon myself to check myself out.

Elizabeth's words kept replaying in my mind, would roman really trade me again if she asked? I know he has for the most part been harsh and cold, but it's the moments when he is not that has my heart growing fonder for him.

As I made my way to my room I smile thinking of out kiss but stop when I heard roman's voice.... And Elizabeth's

Deciding to eavesdrop I lean as close as I can to the corner of the wall and listen

 "You need not be threatened by her, my fathers last wish was that I marry you, she was traded to me that is all" Romans voice was so confident 

"Oh roman I know you will always want me, but I don't want her around! She is clearly falling in love with you! Who knows she probably already is!" Elizabeth screeched the last part

 " As I said you have nothing to be worried about" I didn't have to see their kiss to have it cause pain in my chest.

A lump formed in my throat, I was just starting to feel at home here and to find out that the one-person I shared this genuine spark with wants nothing to do with me.

I felt anger more than any other emotion, fine if he didn't want me to be around and putting his marriage in danger fine I would just avoid him until I died... okay that was a little dramatic but I could at least avoid him at all costs until I figured out how I would escape from here.

Maybe I could start up somewhere new, where no one knew me and I could move on with my life, I couldn't go home because Elijah would wage war against Roman and my precious Nutrifell would perish, I mean for all I know it already had.

Swallowing the lump and my tears I walked straight around the corner and right up Roman and bitch face

"I would like to begin the training that you suggested tomorrow" I said my voice curt I waited for an answer.

Roman tired to pull away from her but she would have it, she clung on to him with her boney claw fingers and smirked at me his mouth covered in her lipstick, roman cleared his throat

"Yes, I will come get you at dawn and we will begin training"

NA AH HONEY!!

"Actually ill get someone else to train me, you will be so busy planning the wedding I wouldn't want to burden you"

I smile tightly

"I will tr-" I cut roman off before he could finish

" Have a pleasant evening, and might I say sir that shade of lipstick really brightens up your eyes"

I turn on my heel head straight into my room as roman rubs his mouth with the back of his hand. I lean against the inside of my closed door and smile trying not to let what he said affect me.

ME – 1

Roman and Elizabeth – 0

I lay in bed that night thinking about training the next day, I should be able to handle myself, I was better than Elijah when father trained us and I was better than most of the men in the kingdom. I took a deep breath trying to calm my beating heart.

No matter what I tried I couldn't sleep, get frustrated I threw my blankets off an got dressed and made my way to the training field, to anxious to eat anything.