(13) What Is He Up To?

I was walking home from school, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. It was Dad.
"Hey Dad" I greeted. "Hello Becky, how are you? Did you arrive home?" " No Dad, but I'm getting there" "Okay, make sure you get home safe. I'm gonna stay for another few hours..." "Dad, why don't you come pick me up so I can see how your clinic is going??" " No, umm no you can't come Becky, they're painting and you might be allergic to paint.." "Dad, I'm not allergic to p..." "Okay bye" and he shut the phone in my face.
I appreciate that he cares about me now and calls every day, but I would also love it if he stopped acting like a kid. I don't want to see his clinic anyway, I have tons of homework to do.

Dad's P.O.V:
That was a close one. She had wanted to come see my work place since we started but I can't let her. She will know one day, but not now. Not any time soon.
I wiped the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand and looked at the colors I was going to choose from.
I sat back on the stool and began my work. It had always been my dream and now it was coming true. Sighing I carried imagining the opening of this place.
Helen already knows, I visited her grave yesterday on the way home and told her. I hope she's not mad at me, but I don't think she will be.
I started feeling love towards Becky, she is my daughter anyway, but I'm starting to get to know her, which I didn't. Maybe I should use a little more red. Yeah maybe I should.

♡♡♡♡♡
Can you guess what he's doing??
Comment to tell me what you think and vote to make my smile even wider.
In a while butterfly!🦄