Chapter 1: Band Practice

Start from the beginning

BRANDON'S POV

"All three of you, never cut yourselves, all right? Promise me?" My mom asked.

"Promise!" Bailey said all giddy.

"Promise" Blade and I muttered. I kind of held my arms tight to my stoumach. Only Blade and I knew what was going on behind our parents back. I looked at Blade and she was doing the same as me.

"Anyway, BVB has band practice today so, do you guys wanna go?"

"YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!" Bailey yelled, jumping up and down.

"Sure" Me and Blade shrugged.

"All right, go get ready" Bailey sprinted up the stairs and Blade and I kind of walked slowly. When Blade went into her room I heard her crying.

"Blade?" I asked, walking into her room.

"I-I didn't know mom cut herself" She cried.

"Me either" I said, sitting down on her bed and hugging her.

"I feel like I let them down."

"We didn't, it's okay, how about from here on out, we kick this habit in the butt all right? We'll throw out our blades and quit, cold turkey, okay?"

"Okay but, we can't throw them out here or at any other house."

"I'll hide them in my backpack and throw them out when we get to school."

"All right, I love you Brandon"

"Love ya too Blade" I said, hugging her and walking to my room.

I threw on a tight, black Black Veil Brides short sleeve shirt and some black skinny jeans. I flat ironed my hair and gave it a little tease. I added some eyeliner and put on my all black converse. I put on my fake lip ring and grabbed my phone to see I had a text.

Vic~ U cmn 2day?

Brandon~ Yup, whole family

Vic~ Gr8, c u wen u get here

I shoved my phone in my pocket and climbed down the stairs, 2 at a time.

"BLADE!" My mom yelled up the stairs.

"GIVE ME A FUCKING SECOND!" She yelled before coming downstairs.

"C'mon" She said and we all piled into the car. My dad blasted BVB and was screaming and singing along.

"Retard" I mumbled, shaking my head with a smile. I then heard the begining of Saviour and I froze. My smile disapeared and I looked at Blade who had a tear rolling down her cheek. I leaned over and hugged her. She smiled softly and I wiped away her tear. 

"You kids okay back there?" My mom asked.

"Mhmm" I said, trying not to let my voice crack. "Everything's going to be fine, I'll always be here for you" I whispered in Blade's ear and she smiled even more.

"Thank you" She whispered back. I didn't want to burst out crying so I spoke up.

"Dad, can you change it?"

"Sure, what's wrong?"

"Just, the song is too strong for me"

"Alright" He said and Ritual popped on.

"Different song please" He changed it again and it was Youth and Whiskey.

"Better?"

"Mhmm, thanks" We pulled into Ashley's driveway and Bailey got out quickly running up to the door. My mom stopped Blade and my dad stopped me.