Chapter 7: Road Trip Again

"We're leaving anyway, so why bother having me go to school?" I ask Elijah as he makes himself a cup of coffee.

"This is what your father wants for you, so you need to get over and get dressed for school," Elijah responds, taking a seat at the dining room table.

"Is there anything I could do to make you change your mind?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Go get dressed before I have Klaus come down here," he threatens.

"Fine, but I'm gonna take my sweet time getting ready," I say, slowly walking up the stairs.

"Nicklaus!" Elijah shouts.

I quickly run up the rest of the steps and into my bedroom. Today is the last day before we head to Montana to meet up with Renesmee and Jake. I have been able to keep contact with them all week via email.

They already know that we're coming and are really looking forward to seeing us.

I head up to my bedroom and quickly get dressed in something simple.

Once I'm done, I head back downstairs and see Elijah is done with his coffee

Once I'm done, I head back downstairs and see Elijah is done with his coffee. I stand next to him and cross my arms.

"Don't pout, it's only for one more day," Elijah says, grabbing his keys.

"Ugh, why do you have to drive me? I could just speed over to the school," I say, following him out the door.

"Klaus wants me to make sure that you actually make it to school."

"This is ridiculous," I mutter, rolling my eyes. Elijah and I walk over to the car and I give into the passenger seat beside him.

"Do you want me to pick you up a coffee or anything?" Elijah asks, pulling out of the drive way. I shake my head no and turn on the radio, so the car isn't full of awkward silence.

Elijah arrives at the school fifteen minutes later and parks beside the building.

"Dylan?"

I take my hand off the door handle and glance at Elijah. He gives me a sympathetic look and I instantly feel bad for giving him a hard time.

"We're gonna be picking up after school and gonna head straight toward Montana. We're not even gonna head back to the house. All your bags will be in the trunk of either our car or in Rebekah's," he explains.

I simply nod and open up the car door. I hop out and shut the door behind me.

*LUNCH*

After surviving my first three classes, I finally make it to lunch. I walk outside to one of the picnic tables and take my water bottle out of my backpack.

Bradlee comes over and takes a seat on the other side of me. He smiles and begins eating a slice of pizza that he got from the lunch line. I smile back and take a huge gulp from my water bottle. I refrain my veins from surfacing.