Chapter 3: Defy

"What?" I ask, shocked. How could they be dead? I thought we were all gonna go out and end them together...

"It seems that Kol and I agreed that it should have been done already, so we went out while you were asleep and had them killed. I also sent word to a special someone in Mystic Falls to end the life of Bonnie Bennett. She's the witch that showed Edward where you were," Klaus explained, taking a seat next to me on the bed.

I can't believe they're actually dead. I mean, I'm a little bit relieved that they're finally out of my hair, but part of me wishes that they could've been different. Like, why couldn't they just love me as much as they had Renesmee when I was born? Why couldn't they show me as much compassion? Why do I have to be different?

"Are you okay?" Klaus asks, his eyes filled with concern.

"Yeah, I just wish things could've been different," I say, bringing my knees to my chest.

"Think of the good things that you do have. It's Bella and Edward's loss that they didn't get to see how much of an amazing daughter they had. Instead, they just judged you because you were different. That was their mistake. Not yours. Understand?" Klaus asks, pulling me into his arms. I lay my head on his shoulder and nod.

"Now you have a family that loves you more than anything and a boyfriend that cares about you a lot. He's lucky to have you," Klaus says, smiling.

I nod and think about how Damon and I met. I thought Damon was an enemy, but my feelings grew for him over time.

"You're right dad."

• • •

"Rebekah and Marcel are on their way," Elijah announces.

Damon and I were watching Kol play GTA 5 while Klaus was reading some book about a girl and a boy that have cancer. Instead of reading the book, I have already watched the movie because ain't no one got time for that. I already know happens in the end and being the nice person that I am, won't tell him how it ends.

"That's great," Kol replies sarcastically.

Elijah rolls his eyes and takes a seat next to Klaus. I look over at the screen and see that Kol had just gotten inside of a helicopter.

Damon's arm tightens around me, squishing me. I smile and inhale Damon's scent. It's a mixture of his Old Spice body wash and his axe.

"So, what're we gonna do now that Dylan's parents are killed?" Kol asks from the floor.

"I was thinking that maybe we can get another house and sign Dylan up for high school again," Klaus says, looking up from his book.

"That is a terrible idea," I comment.

"Yeah," Damon backs me up.

Klaus gives Damon a look saying that he had no say in it. Damon quickly looks away and watches as Kol gets eaten by a shark.

"Well, you'll be going into your junior year of high school, so I think it's important that you finish and get a degree," Klaus explains. "Besides, you have nothing better to do."

"True that," Kol states.

"Nobody asked you," I shoot at him.